Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Sewing came back home after 25 years!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-sewing-came-back-home-after-25-years-t177465.html)

Daylesewblessed 01-29-2012 07:05 PM

Those pansies are gorgeous! I am glad you have the machine now!

Dayle

DawnFurlong 01-29-2012 07:11 PM

What a pretty machine! Glad she is back home with you.

Janis 01-29-2012 11:58 PM

I am so happy for you to get your machine back. It has a great story to tell, and putting that along with pictures of the owners, you included as a child when you sewed on it will make it even more special. What is her name?

Glenda m 01-30-2012 06:51 AM

So glad she's back where she belongs. You have a name for your lost baby?

Cacklinghen 01-30-2012 07:12 AM

Neat! Love the story! Enjoy the machine!!

Feathers 01-30-2012 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by girliegirl (Post 4923461)
Here is my sewing machine that i sewed on while I was a child... yes this one! It was my girl, story goes... I trade my sister's friend for a " better" one so I thought only to go buy my first machine after sewing with it. Well later in talking about the machine I found out that it was my Aunt's that was her mom's ( my great grandmother ) Once I found this out I wanted so bad to ask for it back, well many years went and i wondered if she even had it.. so I emailed her and asked if she still had it... and she said yes and asked me if I would like it because she was going to get rid of it.. Well I took her to lunch and I brought her back home !! isn't she pretty? She is a shuttle bobbin and still has all her attachments.. I think they are pansy flowers ... the cabinet needs to be revarnished but she is a keeper...

I'm so happy for you that you got your machine back after 25 years and that it still had all the attachments and was still in good shape. You mentioned a "shuttle" bobbin. My grandmother gave me her sewing machine when I was about 18 years old (I'm 65 now) and she was about 80 yrs. old. She had used this machine to earn her living after her husband got sick and became bed bound for about 25 years before he died. I think the sewing machine must be at least 100 years old. It has a shuttle bobbin, too. I've looked on line for info about the machine but can't seem to find anything about it. It's a White that was converted from a treadle to electric back in the 30's my grandma said. That's all I know about it. Does anyone know anything about these old shuttle bobbin work horses?

jlm5419 01-30-2012 09:10 AM

Very pretty machine and such a wonderful story. Glad you got her back!

Alchemilla 01-30-2012 09:18 AM

Lovely story

Lovely story and lovely machine. May you have many more years of sewing on her.

I have a couple of phone numbers for the lady who wants info on her White machine, courtesy of the ISMACS Digest - White Dating: 1-800-446-2333 or 440-808-6550.

Jacqui Bates

Mariposa 01-30-2012 09:20 AM

Neat story to go along with your pretty machine! Thanks for sharing!

southernmema 01-30-2012 09:30 AM

What a blessing!