Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Singer 201-2 came today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-singer-201-2-came-today-t96801.html)

KatFish 02-04-2011 05:01 PM

It came! It came! My Singer 201-2 sewing machine is finally here. It's black and shiny, and weights 40 lbs, and it was all in one piece, and I got a bunch of goodies with it, and it fits in the cabnet the 15-91 Singer was in ( the one that had major electric issues but thats okay because I only paid $20 for it and I will get it fixed later), and sews PERFECT seams, and its the quiest machine I have ever heard and...................oh sorry I had to take a breath finally. Now I just need to get that free motion quilting attatchment foot and I can finally quilt all of the quilt tops that I have been making. I have four tops ready to quilt. I'm so excited. I tend to name all of sewing machines once they show me their personalitys, but DH just wants to name it "Last one", as in this is the last one I am going to buy, ever. Isn't he silly?

craftybear 02-04-2011 05:03 PM

Congratulations, you are on a roll now.

Tell hubby you are helping the economy and now you have more sewing machines to be creative.

amma 02-04-2011 05:05 PM

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!! :D:D:D
Yes, DH is rather silly... We can't have these machines running around homeless!! :wink:

KatFish 02-04-2011 05:12 PM

Okay to be fare, this is my 13th sewing machine. So I really do intend for this one to be my last. I have a great collection of vintage Singers, but I am running out of room for them all, and DH is getting tired of carrying them upstairs to my sewing room.

tomilu 02-04-2011 05:19 PM

Only the 13th and the last??? Right

Stitchnripper 02-04-2011 05:22 PM

I am in awe of your collection!

kapatt 02-04-2011 05:23 PM

...congratulations and I will try not to turn :mrgreen: green with envy. :)

I'm looking for a 201 (but I'm not sure where I will put it). Once I get that one, I can name it "Last One" because it is the last vintage I have on my list. (I already have the 301, featherweights, 401s, 99, 66, and model 15 treadle.)

I loved hearing what you had to say about it being so quiet. Seriously (and all kidding aside) I'm happy that your new baby arrived today. Enjoy!

KatFish 02-04-2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by kapatt
...congratulations and I will try not to turn :mrgreen: green with envy. :)

I'm looking for a 201 (but I'm not sure where I will put it). Once I get that one, I can name it "Last One" because it is the last vintage I have on my list. (I already have the 301, featherweights, 401s, 99, 66, and model 15 treadle.)

I loved hearing what you had to say about it being so quiet. Seriously (and all kidding aside) I'm happy that your new baby arrived today. Enjoy!

This was the last one of the Singers that I wanted to collect. I have been looking for 5 months for this one.

sewwhat85 02-04-2011 06:21 PM

so fun to get new toys yea

littlehud 02-04-2011 07:01 PM

Congrats on your new baby. Sounds wonderful.