Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Necchi Mira (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/necchi-mira-t218670.html)

BDawn 04-09-2013 08:59 AM

Necchi Mira

My Mother has a Necchi Mira that looks like this one on ebay but in much better condition and her's has a cabinet as well. I feel this one on ebay is not the correct price but I do want to give my Mother the right amount of money that it is really worth. What do you think is a fair price? Here is the picture of the one on ebay http://r.ebay.com/CnkZOK

SteveH 04-09-2013 12:04 PM

BDawn,

That's a rough question, especially without pictures (it seems that we are very visual around here)

Generally most older machines tend to sell for around $100-$200

Clean machine and good "marketing" (flashy ad) can make all of the difference.

Necchi's are great machines and I've seen them listed for as high as $500 but also as low as $50.

Mine was free (and frozen)

BDawn 04-09-2013 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5989304)
BDawn,

That's a rough question, especially without pictures (it seems that we are very visual around here)

Generally most older machines tend to sell for around $100-$200

Clean machine and good "marketing" (flashy ad) can make all of the difference.

Necchi's are great machines and I've seen them listed for as high as $500 but also as low as $50.

Mine was free (and frozen)

Thank you Steve, I know that it is in great shape and I will be going over to my Mother's in the next day or 2 and I will take pictures of her machine. I have never used it, but I know my Mother and she only buy the best of anything. With this in mind I am assuming that this is a good brand. I was thinking of offering $150 for it.

SteveH 04-09-2013 01:42 PM

having grown up relatively poor I always try to get the lowest price I can, but the real deal is that YOU need to be happy with the price you paid.

I have paid more than someone was asking because i felt it "appropriate". I have even talked one person into keeping their machine. (they thought it was going to be too expensive to fix and I fixed it while I was looking at it...)

Some folks here would say not worth more than $25, other swear it is the end all-do all and worth whatever it takes to get your hands on it...

Do what makes YOU happy.

BDawn 04-09-2013 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 5989453)
having grown up relatively poor I always try to get the lowest price I can, but the real deal is that YOU need to be happy with the price you paid.

I have paid more than someone was asking because i felt it "appropriate". I have even talked one person into keeping their machine. (they thought it was going to be too expensive to fix and I fixed it while I was looking at it...)

Some folks here would say not worth more than $25, other swear it is the end all-do all and worth whatever it takes to get your hands on it...

Do what makes YOU happy.

Steve, good advice and you are right, I just want to be fair and this is what would make me happy.

irishrose 04-09-2013 05:04 PM

Just because a machine is listed at a price doesn't mean that's what it is worth or that it will sell for that amount. I think the amount you are ready to give your mother is just right.

DanofNJ 04-09-2013 05:55 PM

Look on Ebay...you'll get a good idea what it is worth.

Monroe 04-09-2013 08:05 PM

This is a special machine because it is your Mom's, so be as generous as you can. I'd never seen one with an extension plate. I bought my Necchi with attachments in a full 6 drawer desk for $100 in NY. Look around on several area Craislists to see if there are any in your area.

SteveH 04-10-2013 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by DanofNJ (Post 5989919)
Look on Ebay...you'll get a good idea what it is worth.

Dear God no.......

bearisgray 08-10-2013 05:29 PM

I guess the 'right price' is what you and your mother are comfortable with.