Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Necchi Mira

Necchi Mira

My Mother has a Necchi Mira that looks like this one on ebay but in much better condition and her's has a cabinet as well. I feel this one on ebay is not the correct price but I do want to give my Mother the right amount of money that it is really worth. What do you think is a fair price? Here is the picture of the one on ebay http://r.ebay.com/CnkZOK

BDawn,

That's a rough question, especially without pictures (it seems that we are very visual around here)

Generally most older machines tend to sell for around $100-$200

Clean machine and good "marketing" (flashy ad) can make all of the difference.

Necchi's are great machines and I've seen them listed for as high as $500 but also as low as $50.

Mine was free (and frozen)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    BDawn,

That's a rough question, especially without pictures (it seems that we are very visual around here)

Generally most older machines tend to sell for around $100-$200

Clean machine and good "marketing" (flashy ad) can make all of the difference.

Necchi's are great machines and I've seen them listed for as high as $500 but also as low as $50.

Mine was free (and frozen)
    Thank you Steve, I know that it is in great shape and I will be going over to my Mother's in the next day or 2 and I will take pictures of her machine. I have never used it, but I know my Mother and she only buy the best of anything. With this in mind I am assuming that this is a good brand. I was thinking of offering $150 for it.

having grown up relatively poor I always try to get the lowest price I can, but the real deal is that YOU need to be happy with the price you paid.

I have paid more than someone was asking because i felt it "appropriate". I have even talked one person into keeping their machine. (they thought it was going to be too expensive to fix and I fixed it while I was looking at it...)

Some folks here would say not worth more than $25, other swear it is the end all-do all and worth whatever it takes to get your hands on it...

Do what makes YOU happy.

having grown up relatively poor I always try to get the lowest price I can, but the real deal is that YOU need to be happy with the price you paid.

I have paid more than someone was asking because i felt it "appropriate". I have even talked one person into keeping their machine. (they thought it was going to be too expensive to fix and I fixed it while I was looking at it...)

Some folks here would say not worth more than $25, other swear it is the end all-do all and worth whatever it takes to get your hands on it...

Do what makes YOU happy.
    Steve, good advice and you are right, I just want to be fair and this is what would make me happy.

Blog Entries
    Just because a machine is listed at a price doesn't mean that's what it is worth or that it will sell for that amount. I think the amount you are ready to give your mother is just right.

Look on Ebay...you'll get a good idea what it is worth.

This is a special machine because it is your Mom's, so be as generous as you can. I'd never seen one with an extension plate. I bought my Necchi with attachments in a full 6 drawer desk for $100 in NY. Look around on several area Craislists to see if there are any in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
    Look on Ebay...you'll get a good idea what it is worth.
    Dear God no.......

Power Poster
    I guess the 'right price' is what you and your mother are comfortable with.

Dear God no.......
    My first eBay search produced a sum of $419! You can search completed listings to see if the same model has a good clearance rate - you can see what someone has asked and whether it has sold or not. It will also be clear what sort of money the sold ones are going for.

I'm with Steve, mine was free and frozen. I think if it's working well and serviced, you could probably ask anything you like ... the 'catch' is to attract the right buyer. Good luck!