Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   NEED Necchi help please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/need-necchi-help-please-t218411.html)

mtpockets1 04-07-2013 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought this might help to check the Brother machine cord because it might fit. Here's a picture of the plug. If you go on EBay they have stuf for the newer machines too. Not sure if the 534 will fit the 536 though. Good Luck! Also have a Necchi BF that wouldn't move and waisted masses of time with oil and heating it up, ended up the bobbin case holder was put back incorrectly. So check that too, maybe you'll be as lucky as I was. Lisa
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406650[/ATTACH]

Noiseynana 04-07-2013 05:12 PM

Yall have made my day.....maybe week. hehehe I never thought of heat . I just rely on my hammer. I'm thinkin that there is so much wrong with it that Imay just paint the cabinet and use my ole singer portable in it. oh and the plugie thingie that is shown in the picture. I ain't got one like that. This silly thing has a plug that goes into the wall. In fact it has 2 of 'em. And to top it all off , the cords they are on are only like 12 inches long. I think the hammer . What do yall think? hehehe

miriam 04-07-2013 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Noiseynana (Post 5985372)
Yall have made my day.....maybe week. hehehe I never thought of heat . I just rely on my hammer. I'm thinkin that there is so much wrong with it that Imay just paint the cabinet and use my ole singer portable in it. oh and the plugie thingie that is shown in the picture. I ain't got one like that. This silly thing has a plug that goes into the wall. In fact it has 2 of 'em. And to top it all off , the cords they are on are only like 12 inches long. I think the hammer . What do yall think? hehehe

Your machine is missing the cord unit - You can buy them at sew-classic http://shop.sew-classic.com/Cord-Set...143-SCE143.htm The plugs from your machine go in that - match up the motor plug with the motor outlet and then match up the light with the light outlet - one end of it goes to a foot petal you will need to wire on and the other end goes in the wall. HAMMER? Those are usually pretty good old machines and if you have the patience will last longer than your lifetime.

Marich52 04-07-2013 07:14 PM

I don't know what year your machine is but my old girl is a 1952. I let her sit for a couple of years and then she wouldn't budge! Hauled her around in the back of my car when it was 100+ degrees outside before taking her to the shop. To my surprise, upon arrival she worked just fine. The service man told me the internal lubrication was a thick grease type and had solidified....the heat melted it so the machine was fine. All I could think of was Crisco.....lol.

miriam 04-08-2013 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Marich52 (Post 5985607)
I don't know what year your machine is but my old girl is a 1952. I let her sit for a couple of years and then she wouldn't budge! Hauled her around in the back of my car when it was 100+ degrees outside before taking her to the shop. To my surprise, upon arrival she worked just fine. The service man told me the internal lubrication was a thick grease type and had solidified....the heat melted it so the machine was fine. All I could think of was Crisco.....lol.

3 in 1 oil will really do a number. Some times the oil has paraffin in it and it sets up like that. Tri-flow usually will help with the gunk.

Noiseynana 04-08-2013 03:00 AM

Ok yall convinced me. THe hammer is out in the barn for now. hehehe I am gonna get the hair dryer and see what will happen. This cord business now makes sense. Well kinda.Any how I'll work on her today. If all else fails, I can always take her in to repair. In Fort Smith there is a fixer uper place that has a coupon once in a while for cleaning and adjusting for less than $20.00. Boy is he in for a surprise. hehehhe

Noiseynana 04-08-2013 01:22 PM

YIPPIE!!!!! Guess what ? I finally got the knob to turn, the needle out and the thingie that raises the foot now moves too. It only too wd40, a full can of degreaser and a paint striper gun. Hey it worked for those things. SOoooooo now I'll let her sit and moan for a few days then try it all again. Thanks for all yalls support. I really needed the help and encouragement. Thanks , Eileene

cricket_iscute 04-08-2013 05:20 PM

You used WD40? Be sure you clean it all out of there and replace it with Triflow oil for metal on metal areas and Triflow grease for gears. If you can't find Triflow, use sewing machine oil and Singer lubricant (in a small tube), which you can get at any sewing store. WD40 is NOT a lubricant and will cause problems over time. The same goes for 3 in 1 oil and anything except sewing machine oil. Use cotton swabs to clean it out. Do not make things worse by using some other cleaner.

I'm not sure if I want to ask about the degreaser. Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier.

I'm not claiming to be perfect or to know everything, but I am a certified sewing machine mechanic. I work on many different machines. I would never use what you did. Sorry!

miriam 04-08-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute (Post 5987763)
You used WD40? Be sure you clean it all out of there and replace it with Triflow oil for metal on metal areas and Triflow grease for gears. If you can't find Triflow, use sewing machine oil and Singer lubricant (in a small tube), which you can get at any sewing store. WD40 is NOT a lubricant and will cause problems over time. The same goes for 3 in 1 oil and anything except sewing machine oil. Use cotton swabs to clean it out. Do not make things worse by using some other cleaner.

I'm not sure if I want to ask about the degreaser. Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier.

I'm not claiming to be perfect or to know everything, but I am a certified sewing machine mechanic. I work on many different machines. I would never use what you did. Sorry!

I have to agree with you on that one Cricket. We have some wonderful tutorials on the sticky notes - Muv did a fantastic job of telling how to clean up a machine.

miriam 04-08-2013 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute (Post 5987763)

I have to agree with you on that one Cricket.

We have some wonderful video tutorials on the sticky notes - Muv did a fantastic job of telling how to clean up a machine. The stick notes are on the top of the sewing machine enthusiasts page - you can't miss it - the harsh chemicals, hammers and other tactics can harm your machine. Makes me wonder if you aren't trying to set yourself up for a repaint job or something, Noiseynana.