Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Oh my, story continues on Featherweight (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/oh-my-story-continues-featherweight-t132398.html)

alikat110 06-22-2011 06:12 PM

I new she was in the right home!

MoMiMi 06-22-2011 06:59 PM

I had a doll in the 50's named Poor Pitiful Pearl. Your FW reminded me of her, but yours is now beautiful !!!!

MoMiMi 06-22-2011 07:00 PM

I had a doll in the 50's named Poor Pitiful Pearl. Your FW reminded me of her, but yours is now beautiful !!!!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-23-2011 04:17 AM

You did a wonderful job prettying her up!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
Hope you have lots of fun with her!!

jeanneb52 06-23-2011 04:20 AM

I have a "knock off" of a FW , Mal's mini classic They made them to compete with the FW but it never took off. I love my Marvelous Minnie. One day I will have a FW but for today, MM and I are loving each other...

Lostn51 06-23-2011 04:27 AM

For a second I thought that was one of my FW's I sold here a while back. Mine was missing paint all over just like that one and the new owner is using it like she stole it!!

Billy

MaryAnnMc 06-23-2011 04:30 AM

Goodness gracious, what happened to her?? But she looks very happy now, so I think she needs a new name. BTW, my mother told me I had a doll named "Pitiful Pearl" when I was little. I was horrified, until she told me I didn't name her that, she came with a plastic tear. I should have asked her why on earth they gave me such a depressing doll. :roll:

J Carol 06-23-2011 04:50 AM

It truly makes me sad to see what some people do to such wonderful machines! I suppose if they don't sew or care about the history behind the machines it truly doesn't matter to them. I have rescued at lease 23 various old sewing machines, many antique and I am running out of room but if one is offered or I see one "curb side shopping" I will take her home and add her to my collection. "Pitiful Pearl" is a "Perfect Pearl" now and if you are going to repaint her she truly should return to her original color.

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 06-23-2011 05:02 AM

I made a purse insert yesterday and started using my featherweight.This was her first project. After a few minutes I switched to my Janome 6500. I love my little featherweight but I missed my needle up and down and my automatic thread cutter. Yes, the featherweight purrs but so does my 6500. It's a dream machine. It went through layers and layers of material and interfacing with no trouble. I'll try my feathrweight again for straight piecing but we've come a long way since then and I definitely would not want to give up my Janome.

mountain deb 06-23-2011 06:13 AM

Showing her bottom like that, how would you like it if someone took a pic of your bottom and put in on the internet? he he