Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Presentable Cases (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/presentable-cases-t233429.html)

redbugsullivan 10-27-2013 05:26 PM

Presentable Cases

2 Attachment(s)
About a year ago, I purchased a Emdeko with an announcement of love written in red lipstick on the bottom front of the Morse labeled case. Yeah, I couldn't get rid of it. The paper was in bad shape anyway.

So, I got out my favorite Mary Engelbreit calendar pics and sayings. My DH gives me one of these every Christmas and my class enjoys discovering the message for each day. A bit of trimming, thinned glue and they were quickly decoupaged onto the case, hiding the ugly red letters and missing paper covering.

Just food for thought with these aging cases. Our machines deserve cases as beautiful as they are![ATTACH=CONFIG]443671[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]443672[/ATTACH]

lockesnest 10-27-2013 06:24 PM

Darling! I never would have thought of that!

Tartan 10-27-2013 07:12 PM

It looks great! Bonnie Hunter shows a case that a lady fixed up this week on her site in orange checks. Very cute and she also has how to decoupage a case on her www.quiltville.blogspot.com.

miriam 10-28-2013 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6372513)
It looks great! Bonnie Hunter shows a case that a lady fixed up this week on her site in orange checks. Very cute and she also has how to decoupage a case on her www.quiltville.blogspot.com.

interesting site but I did not see a case in orange checks.

Tartan 10-28-2013 03:27 AM

Bonnie updates her site daily. The orange check case is on Friday Oct 25. If you go to the bottom of today's page on her site you will see a title Older Posts. Click back through the pages until you get to the page titled Loose Threads and Oklahoma Backroads.

amcatanzaro 10-28-2013 05:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6372687)
interesting site but I did not see a case in orange checks.

This is the one. I like how the table coordinates too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443747[/ATTACH]

redbugsullivan 10-28-2013 05:58 AM

That's a sweet look for an old case! I agree, the base and top coordinate really highlights the new "do".

Sunflowerzz 10-28-2013 11:56 AM

Very inspiring, I have fabric and I have all of the tools and supplies so I can do this too, and I know thanks to a forum member here that I currently have one sewing machine case with cat spray all over the side of it. :( Thank you for sharing this because I didn't know what to do with that case and as an artist I am all about colors..hehe I will try to redesign it today.

amcatanzaro 10-28-2013 12:32 PM

I suggest you pull off the old paper/fabric whatever it is. I just got the paper damp on my Sewmor case and it came (not right, but quick enough) off. The wood box is solid and a nice blank canvas for me. :)

ube quilting 10-28-2013 12:53 PM

A very long time ago I decopaged an entire suit case with ME daily calendar pages to use as a presentation for giving a quilt to someone. Old suitcases make great quilt keepers.
I love that you used ME on your sewing case.
peace