Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

purplefiend 02-25-2013 01:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5885504)
Sharon,

Can you elaborate about the "accordion pleat" or perhaps post a pic of it? We think we know what you mean, but aren't sure.

Joe

Hi Joe,
I've got some pictures showing what I mean by accordion pleating your quilt. Please let me know if the pictures helped.
Sharon

J Miller 02-25-2013 03:05 PM

Sharon,

Thanks for the pics. They helped confirm that what we thought you said is what you meant.

Joe

djc 02-25-2013 03:37 PM

Joe
I love your quilts and your machines, I have two 301s that get lots of use. I am now working on a paper pieced project with my 1891 Jones and Co. hand crank. I'm sure your aunts are going to love their quilts. DJ

J Miller 02-26-2013 06:59 AM

djc,

I gotta research "paper pieced quilts". I have no idea what that means.

Sharon,
That sure is a tiny looking Pfaff, is that a 3/4 size machine or an optional delusion?

Joe

purplefiend 02-26-2013 07:25 AM

gramquilter2,
I like your sewing machine cover too. I have 4 featherweights.

Crossstitcher ,
Thank you. Lately all of my quilts go to the 2 charities that I sew quilts for; The Linus Connection and Thank You Quilters.
Sharon

Crossstitcher 02-26-2013 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this starting yesterday quilting the material and cutting out. Sewed it together today. It is a nasty wintery mix day here today. I use a Singer Merritt for the quilting and 301 for putting it together.

PS: Is it ok to post other items on here besides quilts when they are made with a vintage machine?

chris_quilts 02-26-2013 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5890400)
I made this starting yesterday quilting the material and cutting out. Sewed it together today. It is a nasty wintery mix day here today. I use a Singer Merritt for the quilting and 301 for putting it together.

PS: Is it ok to post other items on here besides quilts when they are made with a vintage machine?

Trish, of course it is. The quilt police don't use this site!! Very nicely quilted and put together. Love the fabric you used.
Chris

BoJangles 02-26-2013 08:43 PM

Trish your bag is adorable! All things made with vintage machines are prized here!

Gramquilter2, I love your sewing machine cover!

Joe, actually that is a Pfaff 1222e - which is a full sized machine! I think it looks funny because of the angle of the photo.

J Miller 02-27-2013 09:24 AM

Nancy,

Thanks. The angle and size of the quilt really makes it look small.

Joe

purplefiend 02-27-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5889541)
djc,

I gotta research "paper pieced quilts". I have no idea what that means.

Sharon,
That sure is a tiny looking Pfaff, is that a 3/4 size machine or an optional delusion?

Joe

Joe,
Optical illusion most definitely.
Its a 1222E, full size machine, has 8" of throat space. My first electric Pfaff. My favorite machine for binding quilts; has the IDT (aka:built in walking foot).
It is hard to take a picture where my cabinet is, as the space is kinda tight and not much room to stand back to get a good shot.
Sharon