Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

Crossstitcher 01-02-2012 05:21 PM

Irishrose you have been busy! Everything is so pretty and I am sure your son loved the quilt it is one of a kind with him in mind.

vintagemotif 01-02-2012 06:49 PM

Irishrose, All your projects are very nicely done!

Bennett 01-03-2012 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not really a quilt, but matching aprons for my sister and niece. These were made on my FW from vintage fabric I picked up at an estate sale. I'm not a garment maker, but I think they turned out pretty nice. My niece got her own "kitchen," so I made her some matching potholders too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300082[/ATTACH]

Bennett 01-03-2012 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And, another gift for my niece. Forgot to get a picture, but they went on a picnic for New Year's Day. I love to see "action shots" of gifts in use. :) It's a circle jean quilt, made with Rizzo, the pink and white Universal. Unfortunately the zigzag kept loosing tension, but it turned out to be a good throw on the ground type of blanket.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300084[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 01-03-2012 11:47 AM

Bennett, The matching aprons are too cute! I love your circle jean quilt. Your niece is adorable in those pink boots.

irishrose 01-03-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 4838264)
Bennett, The matching aprons are too cute! I love your circle jean quilt. Your niece is adorable in those pink boots.

I agree totally.

Bennett 01-03-2012 06:21 PM

Thank you both. She does love those boots, wouldn't have any other color but the pink. :)

littlesurfer 01-06-2012 07:45 AM

Love those matching aprons...so cute!

Charlee 01-06-2012 02:48 PM

I LOVE this thread...so many "pretties" to admire...thanks everyone for sharing!

BoJangles 01-09-2012 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 4835112)
AnnieRose (1956 301 e machine) finished three more. 1000 yards of FMQ thread on the quilt and not one tangle or birds nest. No two panels were the same size, so a steel tape was a sewing tool on this one. The blue and gold are my son's high school (and fav college team) colors. The Tradewinds blocks because he travels for work. The USMC logo and his daughters' pictures had to go on the back. I ran out of space on the front.

The table topper and table runners were presents. A Spicy Spiral and a made up pattern using scraps.

edit: As usual everything is pinker than real. I wonder if it's my camera or photo program. I saw some spots on the carpet. I hadn't cleaned it after the thundering herd was here for Thanksgiving when these were taken.

Irish, I love all your projects! The spiral runner is really fun to look at! I love table runners - they can really spice up a table and are such fun to make!

Nancy