Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Scored a Featherweight for $25!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/scored-featherweight-%2425-t67494.html)

ForestHobbit 09-30-2010 01:26 PM

This poor baby certainly needs your talented hands. Can't wait to see her after the makeover!

There were 4 Featherweights on CL in the San Francisco Bay Area/SouthBay area this week. The least expensive was $399 and the most expensive $650. No deals like yours in California that I've seen. You Are a lucky guy.

ForestHobbit 09-30-2010 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
Awesome find! Have you ever painted one black & orange?

Are those colors for Halloween or because you own a Harley?

Deara 09-30-2010 01:34 PM

What a blessing and just the person to restore her too.
Pink, huh?, as in Pinkie Tuscadero?
(female counter-part to the Fonz)

cabbagepatchkid 10-03-2010 06:31 AM

That poor little machine was rescued by just the right person!! :thumbup: I can't wait to see her transformation.

hperttula123 10-03-2010 06:38 AM

what a deal.

Lostn51 10-08-2010 04:12 PM

Okay I have the machine in my hands and it is a VERY early model!! Now I do not know what I want to do with it. :roll: I guess I will restore it but it is really rough with the aluminum pitted in several areas. But the allotment date is December 30 1935.

I am going to order the decals for it and I am thinking it will be a metallic black if I change to a custom color. But I am very happy with the machine!! I was told it runs and it came with the original manual with 221-1 on it!

Billy<<<<<<doing a happy dance :thumbup:

wvdek 10-08-2010 04:18 PM

Can't wait to see the finished product, Billy.

Lostn51 10-08-2010 04:44 PM

I am going to the worlds biggest yard sale and
Octoberfest tomorrow and I went to the bank a grabbed a hunk of cash and I hope to come home with several Featherweights along with how ever many treadles I can fit! I will get one I can paint pink but I dont think I want to destroy a super early one.

Billy

KatFish 10-08-2010 06:17 PM

Have fun. Be sure to post of pictures of your finds so we can all drool.

Lostn51 10-09-2010 01:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Okay not much to drool over but here she is. I am going to paint it a metallic Black so it will maintain its integrity as one of the very early FW's but it will still have a custom flair to it. I am going to have to by another one to repaint Pink but that one will be gifted.

But most folks would not try to save this machine because I think it was a Katrina machine and was under water for a while. You can tell it has been in or around salt water from the deterioration of the aluminum. I broke the basket off trying to get the bobbin case out but thats no biggie I have the parts here to rebuild it if all I had were a bare case!

But here it is......

Billy