Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Sigh -- why do I buy from eBay? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/sigh-why-do-i-buy-ebay-t254350.html)

matraina 09-26-2014 06:18 PM

I've not had any trouble buying from e-bay. I would get in touch with the seller and let he/she know. If they don't solve the problem to your liking, get in touch with e-bay directly.

quiltinglady-1 09-26-2014 06:32 PM

After reading everyone's comments about their disasters with machines from ebay sellers, I don't think I would buy one from there even if I had the money to do so. Good luck with your machine. I definitely would contact the seller and ebay because if they posted it as working good, then ebay will want to know about it.

janiesews 09-27-2014 05:08 AM

I've bought 4 301's from ebay and they all have worked. I had a friend that had a Featherweight and one day it "just stopped working" and they put it in a shed. Asked her if I could take it home and look at it and oil and lube it. When I got it home there was such a thread jam in the bobbin area - got that cleaned out and oiled and lubed it and took it back to her and asked her please don't put it in the shed-use it and enjoy it!! Hope your fix is an easy one. The 301's are a great machine.

celwood 09-27-2014 05:45 AM

You are lucky that he charges only $45. Mine charges $89

iadhikari 09-27-2014 11:23 AM

There's a guy in Denver who has a vintage sewing machine repair business and he said he charges $20 to look at and tune a machine. He's an hour away from me, though, so I tend to wasn't too go to my usual guy.

Mundy 09-27-2014 11:49 AM

ebay

first I would contact the seller no replay there contact ebay they will take care of this for you also I pay through pay pa the are great to getting the money back from the seller hope this helps

Raine54RN 09-27-2014 03:55 PM

I'm so sorry you had such bad luck! I has a worse experience but I won't go into it here. I did have a good experience obtaining my 301 I know I took a huge risk but the notations with it were that it was owned by a sewing machine technician, it had been oiled and greased etc etc. I chanced it and now it's been my favorite machine! I do hope your machines only need a good cleaning let us know!

Patchesnposies 10-06-2014 05:48 PM

So sorry that you had this experience. I bought my 301 off of ebay and it is wonderful.

Beckaroo 10-24-2014 04:54 PM

I have to laugh at the ebay descriptions of sewing machines. So many think it works if the light comes on and the needle goes up and down. I bought a "working" Necchi that was completely seized up. Since the shipping cost more than the machine I wrote it off as a lesson learned. Then my husband took it to his shop, and with a what have you got to lose attitude, began tinkering, and oiling, and cleaning, and oiling, and polishing, and oiling. You get the idea. After a couple of days of this treatment, I am the proud owner of a vintage Necchi that is shiny as a new penny and sews like a dream. I tested it on a leather belt, doubled over and it sewed right through it! Also went through 8 layers of denim. EIGHT! My point is, don't give up on it yet. It just may be a diamond in the rough, like mine.

cashs_mom 10-24-2014 06:21 PM

Contact the seller and eBay. Tell them that they were supposed to work great and don't. I did that with a machine my husband bought me and the seller ended up paying to have it worked on just so I didn't post bad feedback.