Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Singer 201 feed dog HELP PLEASE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/singer-201-feed-dog-help-please-t259190.html)

Cari-in-Oly 01-05-2015 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz (Post 7034447)
Glad you found the part! I was just ready to send you a pm, too, but Cari beat me to it! For what it's worth, I just inherited a 201, in very good condition cosmetically -- just a couple of things wrong, but easy to fix. I hear that the 201 is one of the best machines Singer ever made!

Jeanette

Jeanette I'm not a Singer gal but I love my 201-2 so much that I named her(Elizabeth) and I'm going to be buried with her.

Cari

mjhaess 01-06-2015 07:50 AM

Check with your local repairman....They have a lot of extra parts from other machines...That is where I have gotten things I have needed for machines...

Jeanette Frantz 01-09-2015 09:47 PM

Cari,

I've had Singers -- but I've sewn on others. Right now, I have a National Two Spool Treadle and a Minnesota Model A (my cousin's) that I'm working on -- I still have my original Singer my husband bought as a Christmas gift the first year we were married! Truly, it was never my intention to collect sewing machines, but my stars, I seem to have accumulated quite a few! I have: 1. my original Singer 328K; 2. Two Singer T & S 750; 3. Singer 1425 (was my Mom's); 4. Singer 201; 5. Singer 403A; 6. Singer FW (White); 7. National Two-Spool; 8. Dial 'N Sew (which I know nothing about -- haven't had time to even look at that one, just know it's heavy as heck; 9; Minnesota Model A; and a Babylock Serger -- more than enough -- any more and I'll have to move out! LOL

Jeanette

Cari-in-Oly 01-09-2015 11:50 PM

Jeanette I have over 30 machines, I think 36. 14 of them are Brothers. I grew up sewing on my moms 1964 Brother Prestige, she finally just gave it to me in 1979 and I gave it to my oldest DD about 5 years ago. I missed it so much that I found another one, and another one, then I found my first Singer, the 201. It's funny, I had never sewn on a Singer, I never wanted one but Elizabeth called out to me in a thrift store and I had to take her home. That was the start of my SMAD. I've slowed down now, in fact I've begun thinning my herd so I can get it down to just my absolute favorites. There's only a couple more machines on my want list so I won't be adding many more to the herd. I do have some newer machines too, 3 embroidery machines, 2 sergers, A Juki, A Euro Pro(don't laugh too hard), and a Consew mini walker.

Cari

Jeanette Frantz 01-10-2015 06:46 PM

Cari, the only other machine I think I'd like to have would be a good embroidery machine -- but my pocket book and the prices on those machines just won't allow -- don't know where I'd put it if I had it! LOL

Jeanette

Vridar 01-11-2015 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly (Post 7034894)
Jeanette I'm not a Singer gal but I love my 201-2 so much that I named her(Elizabeth) and I'm going to be buried with her.

Cari

Never thought about being buried with my 201, but my wife, dog and 201 I couldn't live without.