Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Singer 500A (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/singer-500a-t44917.html)

Lostn51 05-04-2010 03:13 PM

I am sooo excited I get my new to me and barely used at all Singer 500A in the cabinet and all of the accessories in the Jewel case!! Also the original bill of sale and the warranty sheet is still with the machine!!

I have been wanting this machine ever since I saw the rascal at my sons old schools annual garage sale. Our Principle grabbed it up about an hour or so before I got to the school to help price items. Since I am the Vice President of the PTO I thought I could pull rank on her and that failed miserably..... Then I started pulling $100 bills out and after I plopped 6 of them down she still would not sell it.

Well after a year of ribbing her she told me that if I made her a quilt that she would give me her (our) machine!!! :shock: :-D :-D :-D

So tomorrow morning I get to pick it up and bring it home!!

Billy

Tink's Mom 05-04-2010 03:20 PM

Nice Score, Billy!

emmy 05-04-2010 03:23 PM

I don't have the that one, but those who do, love them. Love it when people get excited about acquiring a sewing machine. Plus, a cabinet and the accessories make it perfect.

virtualbernie 05-04-2010 03:28 PM

Don't forget to post pics when you get it home!

amma 05-04-2010 03:37 PM

Your nagging...er...I mean persistance sure has paid off LOL
Congratulations!!! That is quite a trade :D:D:D

LBryan13790 05-04-2010 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a quilt that I appliqued with my 500A. I have lots of cams and attachments, and would love to know more about all the features of the machine. Please share what you learn!!

littlehud 05-04-2010 07:26 PM

Wooohooo. I'm happy for you. When you get her please post a pic.

Lostn51 05-04-2010 07:35 PM

Oh I will for sure but I am sitting here wondering where the heck am I going to put it? I have a spot for it no problem but now I will need to find a spot for my Pearl Purple Kenmore. These are the only electric machines I own (well the Singer 128 that Jan sent me is electric for now but it will be a handcrank before long).

I have a friend girl that just got into quilting and I am thinking of letting her use it indefinitely so I will not have to worry about space. But I have 2 sewing machines in our sunroom where I am at and then I have my hallway lined with treadles, the Studio has a wall unit full of machines and the attic has a large amount of machines I use for parts and some future restorations.

I need more room......

Oh and I forgot about the Singer 185J that is coming from Boston that will be converted to treadle.

Billy

Honchey 05-04-2010 07:41 PM

Hi Billy, I also have this machine and it DOES sew like a dream. The straight stitch is the straightest stitch I have ever seen. It was given to me by one of my best friends. I don't have all the feet though. I won't part with it. It will be passed on. Good Luck with yours. Don't forget to oil it. Anne

Lostn51 05-04-2010 07:46 PM

Oh I am a stickler about machine maintenance!! I service vintage machines along with restoring them so its almost second nature for me to do just that.

I am just soo excited I do not even want to go to sleep tonight. Kinda like we were when we were kids waiting on Santa to come!!

Billy