Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Singer Slant-O-Matic 500A "Rocketeer" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/singer-slant-o-matic-500a-rocketeer-t257386.html)

ladydukes 11-26-2014 10:41 AM

Singer Slant-O-Matic 500A "Rocketeer"

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of my latest find. It is a Singer Slant-O-Matic 500A "Rocketeer" sewing machine in the
cabinet that I got for $45!! All of the drawers were LOADED with goodies worth way more than what I paid for the sewing machine in the cabinet.

I don't know how to rotate the picture!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]500238[/ATTACH]

ladydukes 11-26-2014 10:44 AM

Singer Slant-O-Matic 500A "Rocketeer"

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of my latest find. It is a Singer Slant-O-Matic 500A "Rocketeer" sewing machine in the
cabinet that I got for $45!! All of the drawers were LOADED with goodies worth way more than what I paid for the sewing machine in the cabinet.

I don't know how to rotate the picture!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]500238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500239[/ATTACH]

costumegirl 11-26-2014 10:47 AM

Great find!!! I have one on my "must find" list :)

annievee 11-26-2014 10:56 AM

goodness, so well cared for, what a deal !

Cari-in-Oly 11-26-2014 11:08 AM

Great find! I sold mine, just the bare head, for that much.

Cari

miriam 11-26-2014 11:33 AM

Seems like no matter how good a deal I find on one of those it takes 4 - 6 hours to get it cleaned right.

Mrs. SewNSew 11-26-2014 11:42 AM

Nice find! I "lucked" into one for 5.00 and then spent way too much to replace parts and get it working. Yous looks very nice!

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6985217)
Seems like no matter how good a deal I find on one of those it takes 4 - 6 hours to get it cleaned right.

Miriam, You must work faster than I do. Even on the cleanest machines I being in, I can count on it taking 2 days.

miriam 11-26-2014 12:06 PM

The first one I cleaned took a year. It was hard to get any kind of info back then. I've done a lot of them - to really have them work right you have to spend considerable time cleaning them sooner or later. I have one some Egor smeared grease all over the place - I don't know what they were thinking. Then it dried HARD but it was a bargain... I had Miss L help me clean it. She was not impressed by the grease job. She knows better.

Sewnoma 11-26-2014 02:47 PM

Oooooh! I LOVE those machines. I want one, bad. But I'm chicken about trying to fix up something that complex so if I get one, it's going to have to be in pretty good shape right from the start which so far has eliminated 100% of the ones I've been able to get access to in person. (Well, aside from the one I saw that was in admittedly pristine condition, but I was not about to pay $485 for it! It wasn't even in a cabinet!)

Yours looks really really nice, even sideways LOL. I'm completely green with envy!

Sunflowerzz 11-26-2014 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent buy. I think you will enjoy sewing with the Rocketeer, I found one a while back and it is in the house and is one that I use in rotation with my other favorites because it is fun to sew with and has a fun design/look to it.

Here is your photo right side up I hope!