Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Singer touch & sew (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/singer-touch-sew-t280877.html)

SingerCLA 07-31-2016 09:41 AM

Unfortunately, the T&S bobbin does not have a hole in the middle to mount on a spindle.

Tartan 07-31-2016 10:12 AM

When I wanted to keep using my machine with the bad bobbins, I held the bobbin with my finger nails on the small size and wound them by hand. A pain in the patootie but it was the only machine I had at the time. Not a long term solution but it might hold you until you can find a solution.

cjr 07-31-2016 11:52 AM

I have used a touch & sew for 40 years - my daily go to machine. Two things - Bobbin has 2 indents that must fit in bobbin case. Also do not over fill do not go past last white circle. Before you wind next bobbin make sure machine is oiled & cleaned. Mine does not like any lint thread etc in area. Use a pipe cleaner to get all lint out before winding. Also rethread. That is the simplist thing, it sounds to simple but often works. Good luck I love mine.

mjhaess 07-31-2016 02:48 PM

I would use a bobbin winder. You can buy them at JoAnns.

heart of Dixie 07-31-2016 05:14 PM

Because of the way the bobbins are made you can't wind them on another machine unless it was another touch and sew. The top of the bobbin is wider than the botton

heart of Dixie 07-31-2016 05:15 PM

It doesn't have a hole in the middle of it plus the top is wider than the bottom

SingerCLA 08-02-2016 09:50 AM

This problem should not be too tough to sort out. The critical adjustment is the spindle lift height; it must be high enough to spin the bobbin for winding and drop low enough to allow the top thread loop to pass without catching when sewing.(this latter is very important...)

I tried a heavy thread (in T&S 756) and too small a needle (#10/70) and still it wound fine.

I'm thinking the thread cutter is not cutting the tail on your machine. When you start the bobbin wind do the first loop by hand and make sure the tail you are holding breaks free after the first rotation and you remove it.
I was able to get a bobbin nest like yours if the tail did not cut off properly.
Check the cutter and make sure it is clean and sharp; not stopped up with thread or lint.

bkay 08-03-2016 06:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Check to see if the metal part where you put the bobbin is secure (not loose). There's a little screw on it that may need tightening. The other thing is to wind the end of your thread around the screw that holds on your presser foot. I found the page online.

I don't have any problems with it, so can't help more than that.

bk
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555230[/ATTACH]

quiltedsunshine 08-03-2016 07:36 PM

You could try re-threading to make sure the thread is in the tension properly. The thread looks like it isn't getting any tension. On other machines there's a separate tensioner for the bobbin winder. But this one gets its tension from the upper tension.