Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Temptation du jour - Supre-Macy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/temptation-du-jour-supre-macy-t257468.html)

Macybaby 11-28-2014 03:34 PM

It is a seriously neat machine. I'd grab if for sure, for my "dash board" collection, even if it had "issues".

tessagin 11-28-2014 03:39 PM

Looks like it started out as an ugly duckling and you will turn it into a swan. It has the curve of a swan like neck!! I like it!!

Monroe 11-28-2014 04:55 PM

I saw the CL listing several days ago. Not sure what was under the tape. looked like a small cam cover? I say go for it- very cool style!

wesing 11-28-2014 06:16 PM

I love the unique shape on this one. If the price was reasonable I would not hesitate.

zozee 11-28-2014 06:53 PM

It's so cool. The shape, the dials, the color, everything. GET it! You know you want it.

Champanier 11-28-2014 06:56 PM

On my way home with it. I didn't try to run it, since it was already kind of packed up, but the wheel turned easily. The underside says Toyota. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

The owner was a smoker. Any suggestions for cleaning? What should I use on the plastic knobs?

Champanier 11-28-2014 07:00 PM

Zozee, you sound just like the little tempting voice in my head!!! But seriously, it was just too cool!

Rodney 11-28-2014 11:42 PM

Sewing machine oil should cut through the nicotine. It's painted so it's not as delicate as the black machines, you might get away with other cleaning products too. Just test them somewhere inconspicuous first.

Congrats on getting it. It's a very unusual shape and I don't think it's a common machine. Toyota made good machines, I wouldn't be surprised if yours is a good user along with it's neat looks.

What's under the tape that you mentioned?
Rodney

Champanier 11-29-2014 12:27 AM

9 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6987780)
What's under the tape that you mentioned?
Rodney

Still up playing with the new machine! It's a TZ-20. I found a couple identical ones online under different names - Arrow and Stradivaro.

Under the tape is a little door that opens to insert the cams I don't have. Found a photo of them on eBay with a sold machine. Will have to search... But, I did fix the door so it no longer needs tape - just have to clean off the tape residue now.

Lots of cat hair under and in the machine - will try to get it with the toothbrush.

Here are photos. The little chrome rectangle is for pins.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]500460[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500461[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500462[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500463[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500464[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500465[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500466[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500467[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500468[/ATTACH]

earthwalker 11-29-2014 01:39 AM

It has many features like my Aussie machine (Pinnock) same cam lid and similar dials, mine is not as curvaceous. Apparently Pinnock was eventually taken over by the Japanese, so it's not surprising there are similarities. If yours is anything like mine it will be a total treasure, my "Jasper" is my everyday machine and is "bomb proof". Love yours!