Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Is there a way of finding out how old a Jones Sewing machine is? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/there-way-finding-out-how-old-jones-sewing-machine-t192136.html)

SewExtremeSeams 06-19-2012 07:07 AM

Nice machine. I will be watching to see what someone comes up with. I have two Jones, one is a fiddlehead treadle with coffin top and the other is a hand machine (that's what is imprinted on the bed of the machine.

BizzieLizzie 06-19-2012 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by jennb (Post 5299546)
wow what a great little find! I'd love to have a Jones machine, only because that's my maiden name :)

Thank you. Wish you the best of luck finding a Jones machine.

BizzieLizzie 06-19-2012 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Moon Holiday (Post 5300086)
OMG! Now I've gotta find myself one of these. My maternal grandmother's name was C.B. Jones... I kid you not! Guess I'll be spending my free time trying to find one. Yippee! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you like the pics. Best of luck with finding one.

BizzieLizzie 06-19-2012 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue (Post 5300520)
Congratulations on a very cute machine! thank you for sharing

MUV, thanks for the link. I loved the stories.

Your welcome and thank you.

BizzieLizzie 06-19-2012 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5300529)
Nice machine. I will be watching to see what someone comes up with. I have two Jones, one is a fiddlehead treadle with coffin top and the other is a hand machine (that's what is imprinted on the bed of the machine.

Excellent! Are looking to find out the age of your machine too? It has been impossible for me to find any other information apart from the general history of the company. I am hoping someone on QB will shed some light. :)

BizzieLizzie 06-19-2012 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5300315)
​Very pretty sewing machine. It appears that it has been maintained nicely. Lucky find for you.

Yes, it is in extremely good condition. The photos were taken the day I brought the machine home and without any cleaning. So I am well pleased with this buy, but I must stop at the treadle which is on its way….My son has told me I need to stop. Sigh! What a short addictive affair! :D :D :D

SewExtremeSeams 06-19-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie (Post 5300902)
Excellent! Are looking to find out the age of your machine too? It has been impossible for me to find any other information apart from the general history of the company. I am hoping someone on QB will shed some light. :)

That's about all I could find out when I was trying to do some research on it. I wrote to the guy Muv gave a link to and never heard back from him.

….My son has told me I need to stop. Sigh! What a short addictive affair!

:D:D:D...just smile and pat him on the shoulder, and say... yyyess, dear! And repeat the next time... :D

BizzieLizzie 06-20-2012 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5301548)
That's about all I could find out when I was trying to do some research on it. I wrote to the guy Muv gave a link to and never heard back from him.

….My son has told me I need to stop. Sigh! What a short addictive affair!

:D:D:D...just smile and pat him on the shoulder, and say... yyyess, dear! And repeat the next time... :D

:D :D :D Excellent!! Love it!. Will let you know how I get on….:D :D Thank you! :thumbup:

On a more serious note, I'll keep trying to find out more about the machine if I can. If anything comes up, I'll let you know. Best wishes.

Enchantedglass 07-22-2012 09:51 AM

Lovely machine bizzielizzie
I have also just rescued an old treadle Jones sewing machine from being put on the scrap heap!
I just cannot find out how old it is!
I do know it was made in England manchester, and the serial number is 17836, model "medium CS"

Can anyone help?

Frany1 02-15-2015 04:53 PM

Jones serial numbers

Originally Posted by Enchantedglass (Post 5384884)
Lovely machine bizzielizzie
I have also just rescued an old treadle Jones sewing machine from being put on the scrap heap!
I just cannot find out how old it is!
I do know it was made in England manchester, and the serial number is 17836, model "medium CS"

Can anyone help?

http://www.sewingdownmemorylane.com/...erorJones.aspx