Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   They have car shows, why can't we have vintage sewing machine shows? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/they-have-car-shows-why-cant-we-have-vintage-sewing-machine-shows-t227969.html)

Cecilia S. 08-14-2013 05:42 PM

Miriam will need a bus to load her sewing machines!

And Joe?

And Shirley Girley?

Oh, this would be so fun and funny!!!

miriam 08-14-2013 06:18 PM

I would need a semi or have it at my place... tent camping in the back yard... Glenn's place would be another good spot... His all look really good. Mine mostly work.

cherrybsixty 08-14-2013 06:50 PM

Doesn't it start as one man's dream and another man's venture?

cherrybsixty

miriam 08-14-2013 06:52 PM

Maybe we could go from one place to another - sort of a progressive show... rent a tour bus...

bearisgray 08-14-2013 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6234882)
Maybe we could go from one place to another - sort of a progressive show... rent a tour bus...

That might be easier - especially for those that have a gazillion machines.

Have shop hops between sewing machine viewings.

It could be set up as a tour with overnight stays at various lodgings.

It could start as a regional thing.

Sideways 08-14-2013 07:18 PM

This could be so wonderful!! I would love to see everyone's machines up close and personal!!

tri-flow should sponsor it, we all use enough of it. :)

ktbb 08-14-2013 07:19 PM

so why don't you start one? make it local or regional to begin with...just a day event with local vendors invited to bring their wares....I'm too far away, but would be happy to help with the organization = I've organized a couple of national conferences for a group I'm in. You might also contact the organizers of some of the quilt shows (like Mancuso's) and ask them to include the group on their agenda if you do the planning....

tessagin 08-14-2013 07:23 PM

Why not expand the quilt shows for those very reasons? They're always selling machines (LAs) and embroidery machines so why not? I've seen woven baskets sold at quilt shows. So why not everything from the cloth and hand needle on up? They have classes at quilt shows so why not care and maintenance classes with a little history to go with it.

miriam 08-14-2013 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 6234934)
Why not expand the quilt shows for those very reasons? They're always selling machines (LAs) and embroidery machines so why not? I've seen woven baskets sold at quilt shows. So why not everything from the cloth and hand needle on up? They have classes at quilt shows so why not care and maintenance classes with a little history to go with it.

I would be available to do that around here.

SteveH 08-14-2013 08:59 PM

i love this idea... Count The Victorian Sweatshop in!