Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   They have car shows, why can't we have vintage sewing machine shows? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/they-have-car-shows-why-cant-we-have-vintage-sewing-machine-shows-t227969.html)

miriam 08-15-2013 01:48 AM

Melinda has a collection of different color machines.
There are MANY different ways to go.
I have at least a dozen Kenmore machines.
I also have a bunch of 3/4 size machines.
Oh I know how about a 15 clone show... LOL
Other old Japanese machines? The car guys go nuts over them.
Godzellas?
Old Singers?
Grant's made over machines?
SteveH's museum?

All that. I'm going camping in a couple weeks. DH is trying to come up with a table we can set up with 3 or 4 HC machines for kids to punch holes in paper. Keep 'em busy and learn to control a sewing machine. If I add thread we will be all tied up... :D:D:D
but I might do thread on one of them for older kids or kids that can pass a test with the paper.
That might also be fun at a show. There is no way I can haul machines AND tables AND camping gear.

girliegirl 08-15-2013 04:23 AM

lol... lets get it going! You should start a club.... I would hold a chair position with you!

Originally Posted by Sideways (Post 6234661)
ISMACS holds a yearly convention in the UK, we need something here!! Lol

maybe form our own society lol

VSMEOA - Vintage Sewing Machine Enthusiasts of America

sjdal 08-15-2013 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 6234917)
That might be easier - especially for those that have a gazillion machines.

Have shop hops between sewing machine viewings.

It could be set up as a tour with overnight stays at various lodgings.

It could start as a regional thing.

Awesome idea!

Cecilia S. 08-15-2013 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6234796)
I would need a semi or have it at my place... tent camping in the back yard... Glenn's place would be another good spot... His all look really good. Mine mostly work.

Hey, everyone!!! Did you hear that? Miriam is hosting a Sewing Party!!! Wooo hooo! Miriam, when do we come?

:-)

miriam 08-15-2013 05:24 AM

as soon as my shop gets remodeled. LOL Glenn is coming to help out at some point. DH has the wiring going on it and a hefty start on the wall repairs. I'll keep you in the loop.

mighty 08-15-2013 06:39 AM

It sounds like it would be wonderful!

Mornigstar 08-15-2013 09:15 AM

I'd like to join too but because of cabinets I will have to buy a covered trailer to haul them --sure would love to see this grow. I did see 373 machines at the store in Miami Beach area ---A clothing store that had machines on display and I wrote about few yrs ago, Couldn't really get up close and personal but still interesting to me --mostly portables brought over from UK I was told. Very well displayed. Brain on slow gear today to remember store name.

SteveH 08-15-2013 09:36 AM

So to do this for real I would think we need to do the following;

1. List existing events which we could be part of.
2. Decide which events to "hook up with" (as it were) so that all regions are represented
3. Finalize schedule and get members to sign up to display.
4. Get support and word of mouth network going through other sites
5. Get together and have too much fun.

I have a co-worker who in on the board of several conventions including the largest in the SF Bay area BayCon. She is fascinated my my obsession, so I am sure I could get her feedback and input. Walk where other have tread a path and all....

ArizonaKAT 08-15-2013 10:28 AM

We need a repair shop section. That way my 201 MIGHT get put back together. . . and the light on my 15 clone would work.

ArizonaKAT 08-15-2013 10:29 AM

And, we could bring some of our quilts that were made with the vintage machines.