Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

quilt addict 06-02-2010 05:53 PM

Oh Siss,

That is BEAUTIFUL 8-) 8-) 8-) . I have never seen one like taht but not saying much. Enjoy it.

Honchey 06-02-2010 05:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Billy, Here is th photo of the Treadle head I'm talking about. She is asking $45 to buy it now+$30 shipping. Is that too much with the added cost of a motor +belt for it? It is pretty! Anne

treadle head
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77770[/ATTACH]

back of pillar?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77771[/ATTACH]

Lostn51 06-02-2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by no1jan
Does anyone have a closeup picture of a model 66-1 treadle bobbin winder (don't laugh Billy, I didn't break this one).

I took mine apart to clean it thoroughly thinking it was the same as my other 66 treadle but this one doesn't have the black piece for the bobbin winder but a steel one. I goes together differently. I have most of it put back but can't figure out the rest. It is made differently than the other treadle.

Thanks in advance.
Jan.

Yeah, Billy I did it again!

OH Jan not again..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me see if I can take some non fuzzy photos of my bobni winder and hope this helps you.!!!

Billy

smitty 06-02-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by nwm50
i brought an 301 with cabinets from city rescue, thinking it was an featherweight, but i was wrong. Great looking machine and now i've found an fw, would like to see this 301. Any buyers out there?

love a picture. 301's are the greatest machines ! sew much heavier than a FW, has drop feed for FM quilting, best lighting, gear-driven.
I am looking for a black, long-bed. smitty

Honchey 06-02-2010 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Billy, Here is th photo of the Treadle head I'm talking about. She is asking $45 to buy it now+$30 shipping. Is that too much with the added cost of a motor +belt for it? It is pretty! Anne

Honchey 06-02-2010 06:09 PM

I live in central NJ and There aren't many of them around anymore. They just throw stuff in the gabage around here. I called my niece last week to see if my stepfather still had the treadle from his mother he promised me-- She put it in the trash when she moved in to make a sitting room. I am so upset. It wasn't a fancy one but it did work very well. My grandmother taught me how to sew on a treadle and it's something you never forget. Just like riding a bike!!!. So, don't ask me how but this site was in my email and the of course I had to go to the Vintage thread and here I am with 9 sewing machines and wanting the one like I learned how to sew on. What a dilema !! I'm going to look at a few more threads. finish the chenille rug I started. Woe is me. Anne

nwm50 06-02-2010 06:35 PM

wii send pic tomorrow as it's thundering now. Hubby has to show me how to do it :oops: . Will pm u as soon as i send it.
do not know what lonbed is but maybe u can tell from pic. Goodnite everybody!

JCquilts 06-02-2010 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you think I found in this little suitcase?

JCquilts 06-02-2010 06:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, It is the cutest little Sewing Machine. It is a Montgomery Wards VS, but it has such a modern art deco style to it. It has a rotary motor. Not sure of its age or anything else, but its cute.

nwm50 06-02-2010 06:42 PM

cute little ole' thing !