Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jljack 08-25-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by hootnannie
I haven't used makeup in decades so there's plenty of room for my little leatherman. Thanks, A

OK, now I am ENVIOUS!!! I want a Leatherman!!! I have wanted one of those for years!!! :-) Coolest tool EVER!!!

jljack 08-25-2011 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
The answer is: "Of course there are more but can I successfullt import them into my house without DH noticing them?" That's the tricky part for me.

Can you keep it in your trunk for a while. Bring it into the house and when he notices it say this old machine I have had
it for a while, you just didn't notice it before. Kathie[/quote]

Actually, Kathie, that was my strategy and it TOTALLY worked for me. :-)

jljack 08-25-2011 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Candace

Is it a 66? It's been brought to my attention that it isn't because of the double slide plate.

Oooooh!!! Yes, you're right. I'm WRONG again!!! :cry:

jljack 08-25-2011 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by deplaylady
I really want one of these to show up in the US - I really like the decals on this one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300589252828#ht_10481wt_1026

Yes, that one is certainly gorgeous! Wouldn't mind having one myself....especially since it's a HC...those just kind of whisper to me for some reason.

miriam 08-25-2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by jljack

The answer is: "Of course there are more but can I successfullt import them into my house without DH noticing them?" That's the tricky part for me.

Can you keep it in your trunk for a while. Bring it into the house and when he notices it say this old machine I have had
it for a while, you just didn't notice it before. Kathie

Actually, Kathie, that was my strategy and it TOTALLY worked for me. :-)[/quote]

Leave it in the trunk - it gets plenty of heat and gets that old dead oil loosened up so it will turn... :lol:

Weedwoman 08-25-2011 03:28 PM

Brought my Miss Polly (15-91) in today. She sure sews a pretty stitch and hums right along. She's missing the stitch regulator thumb screw. Would anybody have one they'd like to sell? PM me, if you do. TIA

Kathie S. 08-25-2011 03:54 PM

Actually, Kathie, that was my strategy and it TOTALLY worked for me. :-)[/quote]

Great minds think alike. lol Kathie

miriam 08-25-2011 04:01 PM

Actually, Kathie, that was my strategy and it TOTALLY worked for me. :-)

Great minds think alike. lol Kathie[/quote]

That won't work for me - my mini van has windows and he can see right in there - 'specially if there is a table... I can hide a machine though. It really isn't fair - he can hide things in the garage - I NEVER look there - not ever - I would probably go into shock.

Glenn 08-25-2011 04:14 PM

I have been camping again and trying to catch up with threads here. The question of having only one machine (a horrible thought) I would keep my 1908 Lotus. Most already know the 66 is my favorite machine. I also like my Davis(have two) You know my other machines would be very lonely without any of their friends around to play with.
Glenn :lol:

Glenn 08-25-2011 04:17 PM

You ladies who carry screwdrivers in you purse or car. My wife can repair a car with what she carries in purse!!!!
Glenn