Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 08-29-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Does any one have a bobbin plate for a Margaret sewing machine, that they would like to sell? Margaret is made by Morse. Thank you for checking. Kathie S.

measurements? What holds it in?

Kathie S. 08-29-2011 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

Does any one have a bobbin plate for a Margaret sewing machine, that they would like to sell? Margaret is made by Morse. Thank you for checking. Kathie S.

The plate measures 2 1/2 by 2 3/8 roughly. Kathie

melinda1962 08-29-2011 04:13 PM

Margaret is a pretty little thing. Will a slide plate from any 15 clone work?

miriam 08-29-2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962

That is what I'm wondering.

justtrish 08-29-2011 05:35 PM

Oh! She is Pretty :)

Kathie S. 08-29-2011 05:42 PM

Margaret is a pretty little thing. Will a slide plate from any 15 clone work?[/quote]

That is what I'm wondering.[/quote]

That is a good question. I have an Elite and do not know what it is. I check the bobbin plate and it measures that same as the Margaret. Maybe my Elite is a 15 clone. Kathie S.

miriam 08-29-2011 05:46 PM

That is what I'm wondering.[/quote]

That is a good question. I have an Elite and do not know what it is. I check the bobbin plate and it measures that same as the Margaret. Maybe my Elite is a 15 clone. Kathie S.[/quote]

Stick it on there see if it goes... I have a Kenmore 2 1/2 X 2 7/8 a bit long maybe. The two clones I have have a notch in them - the ends by the throat plate aren't square. I also have a Necchi plate that might work depends on how it holds on there.

jljack 08-29-2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by justtrish

I really like that mission style cabinet. Really cool!

miriam 08-29-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by jljack

It has some class doesn't it!

jljack 08-29-2011 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by jljack

It has some class doesn't it!

It sure does!! Being in California my whole life I have lived with many Mission Style furniture pieces, and I dearly love them. Years ago I made a huge mistake and sold a 1930's Mission Style chair for about 1/4 its worth...I guarantee I will never do that again!! Anyway, Mission Style has a very dear place in my heart. My Grandma lived in a beautiful little Spanish style bungalow on the coast in southern CA for many years, and her house was filled with authentic Mission Style furniture.