Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

deplaylady 09-01-2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Xtgirl
I think I have convinced my dad to go get the 99 in Rochester. It will be my first vintage machine:) the woman told my dad that it has all the attachments and runs well.

Hope Billy is doing ok. I'm new so I don't have a lot of history with you guys but I've read about 70 pages of this thread and it's obvious what a great and thoughtful person Billy is.

Whoo hoo - congrats! (You may save me from myself after all!) It is a fantastic price - for the machine by itself and the cabinets are, from what I've read here, harder to come by. That's wonderful that it has all the attachments - I love all my attachments! :) I was telling my sister about that machine - how pretty it was and how I had no room for it and how I hoped that you would get it. Another machine rescued and given a happy home - I know they are happy it is going to someone that is going to use and love it!

buslady 09-01-2011 06:12 PM

Will post that pic asap, whole thing is packed in the truck for the trip home tomorrow, along with a couple hundfed yards of fabric found at a yardsale today. DH took me by a sale with about 20 totes lining the drive. At first I said not to stop, too hot to dig through a bunch of clothes in totes. Imagine myshock when I found them ALL heaping full of fabric. Lady said that was only half what she started with. I heaped a lg tote with fabric of every pastel color you could thinkk of, looks like thirty or forty pcs about 5 to 6 yds each! Will make great backs for quilts, will prob give some to the church for their quilt ministery. Bte, the two spools sews a beautiful stitch!

Lostn51 09-01-2011 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Billy you have left me speechless. I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. You are uplifted by many prayers. Lord we ask that you give the doctors the wisdon to know what is happening to Billy and we ask that the doctors fined the right meds. to cure him. Lord hold him and his family in your arms and place your healing hands on him. Lord through you are things are possible and we are asking for a miracle for him. Lord your word says that if two or more are gathered in your name you would be there. We are here in prayers and thougths for Billy and Lord we give him and his healing over to you the great physician. Amen Hang in there and know that we are here for you. Kathie

Amen and Praise his Holy name!!!

Thank you for that prayer and I know that he is listening right now because I am not hurting as bad as I was and this morning I got up feeling like I was rested. Prayers are being answered as I type this!! :-D

Billy

Lostn51 09-01-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1000projects
Billy, thinking of you.

Also, a question for the experts here:
A local resale shop has 2 Singer 15-91 machines with bases. With delivery, I can get both for about $125 (total). All of the obvious parts are there, but the cords are original, so they would need replacement for safety. (about $25 or so per machine) I ahve not tested the motors.It looks like these machines are fairly common on eBay.
Would it be easy or difficult to resell one of the machines, for about $100, to pay for the other. ?

That is a good price and you can easily get your money back if you service them yourself and sell one. Congratulations on your machines!!

Billy

OWALK718 09-01-2011 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay gang I am going to let you know that I am probably be out of the shop for a while. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and I am thinking I am going to be admitted to the hospital for this infection they cant figure out. I am being really honest I feel like I am dying. I am covered from head to toe with sores and I can not even take a shower without crying in shear agony. I am eating Lortab 10's like they are candy 4 every 4 hours and can not do anything but lie down.

I just hope I can come out of this but I have accepted the fact that I might not and I am okay with it. I had 45 good years on this planet and had a lot of fun and made a lot of friends. But I am so tired of being in pain and suffering its not even funny.

Billy

We lift you up unto the Lord
Knowing He can heal
Hold on to God’s promises
No matter how you feel
Open your heart and receive
A fresh touch from the Lord
And know that we are praying for you
That you will be restored.

© By M.S.lowndes

Praying for you Billy. Oneita

Lostn51 09-01-2011 06:33 PM

I want to say thank you for all of the love and prayers being sent from you guys, you can not imagine what this really means to me. I have always viewed everyone here as family and I had no idea how big and loving my family really was. Valerie is even amazed at the amount of PM's and loving notes and post that have been made. She is really taken back by all of this and noted that everyone here seems to be like a huge family. I did tell her that she needed to hop on here and give updates letting you all know what is happening with me. I think before it is over with she might be a member of the board too, and she doesnt even sew. :lol:

Billy

tomilu 09-01-2011 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I want to say thank you for all of the love and prayers being sent from you guys, you can not imagine what this really means to me. I have always viewed everyone here as family and I had no idea how big and loving my family really was. Valerie is even amazed at the amount of PM's and loving notes and post that have been made. She is really taken back by all of this and noted that everyone here seems to be like a huge family. I did tell her that she needed to hop on here and give updates letting you all know what is happening with me. I think before it is over with she might be a member of the board too, and she doesnt even sew. :lol:
Billy

We will love her, anyway, Billy

Sure pray this latest round of drugs is the cure.
A year ago I had a viral thing that had my mouth full of sores. It was miserable. And even now I have a sore or two a month on the roof of my mouth. It is like the virus is a part of me, ugh!

Miz Johnny 09-01-2011 07:14 PM

My first thought was mold.

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Geeze Billy and none of this happened before that snake bite????? It has to be related. Were you healthy before the bite? Oh man, we are all going to pray for you. Please keep up posted. I am really worried as I bet most everyone else is too. What about all the flooding in your daughter's house? Maybe, a combination of snake bite and mold poisoning?

Nancy

KenZ 09-01-2011 08:50 PM

Fight on Billy Fight on.

redmadder 09-02-2011 01:50 AM

My SIL developed sarcoidosis from exposure to mold.