Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

GrannieAnnie 09-13-2011 08:28 AM

Will be praying for Billy!

grayhare 09-13-2011 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by grayhare
This machine looks interesting, can anyone tell me who makes it ,or anthing about it. It has a shuttle. Thank you

Don't know who made it, but it's really pretty. Nice meeting you at the TOGA, Anamaria!!

It was nice to meet you too, Janice! I can't wait till next year.

vintagemotif 09-13-2011 12:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OMG! These things really do work well!

After seeing a demo at the TOGA this weekend, I got brave enough to play with my Singer ruffler today.

These are the best! This is the prettiest gathering I have ever done.

chris_quilts 09-13-2011 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
OMG! These things really do work well! After seeing a demo at the TOGA this weekend, I got brave enough to play with my Singer ruffler today. These are the best! This is the prettiest gathering I have ever done.

I have a question: which of your emachines did you use with the ruffler? Curious because I want to play with my ruffler also. TIA ~ Chris

vintagemotif 09-13-2011 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts

OMG! These things really do work well! After seeing a demo at the TOGA this weekend, I got brave enough to play with my Singer ruffler today. These are the best! This is the prettiest gathering I have ever done.

I have a question: which of your emachines did you use with the ruffler? Curious because I want to play with my ruffler also. TIA ~ Chris

I used my Singer 201. I believe that this ruffler can be used on a Singer 66, 15, FW, and any other low shank.

My Singer 201 is in treadle. No e-machine this was PP.

chris_quilts 09-13-2011 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts

I used my Singer 201. I believe that this ruffler can be used on a Singer 66, 15, FW, and any other low shank. My Singer 201 is in treadle. No e-machine this was PP.

Thanks for the information. Didn't realize you had treadled it.

Celeste 09-13-2011 02:26 PM

No e-machine this was PP.

What is an e-machine and PP?

QuiltnCowgirl 09-13-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Celeste

e-machine = electric machine
PP = people powered machine (treadle or handcrank)

(I learned the abbreviations this past weekend at the TOGA - now I'm "politically correct" haha)

vintagemotif 09-13-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Celeste

e-machine is an electric machine and PP is people power treadle or hand-crank.

miriam 09-13-2011 02:57 PM

I finally got my 401G to PP! I'm pretty jazzed. I've had it hooked up but it wasn't working right. It was slipping and the belt was shredding. I shortened the belt and stuck together with dental floss then I put a bushing between the machine and the balance wheel to give the balance wheel room for the belt. I'm wondering if it needs a heavier balance wheel. The end knob some times comes off. It still shreds the belt. I sure am getting a work out - legs are saying I had too much fun. I think I will like it for detail work - an electric goes way to fast some times. I also noticed that the lid with the stitch info has different information than the 401a.

I haven't tried to do anything with the 411G yet - it should be just about the same as the 401G. I also have a Bernina 530 that has electrical issues. I'm wondering if anybody has tried to treadle that one?

The computer my pictures is on went down - I'll try to get some up later.