Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

mama2josh 04-29-2010 02:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello!

I was wandering around the web and found this wonderful thread. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one with a sewing machine addiction! :)
I have a total of 7 machines right now - a Singer Featherweight, a Singer 301a, a Singer 319w, a Necchi in a table(that my grandmother used to make my mom's baby clothes), a Kenmore that I got for $5 at a garage sale because I liked the table, my Brother that my mom got me for Xmas 2 years ago, and a Standard treadle that I bought from my neighbor a couple days ago. The Kenmore is the only one that doesn't work. Well, I don't know about the Standard yet - she needs a belt.
The Standard is my first treadle machine - I'm so excited! I've been scouring the web to try and find some info on her, and I'm hoping maybe you guys can help me. I've included a couple pictures (she needs some work, but I think she's beautiful) and the serial number is 847038. Does anyone know how I can figure out more about her?

Tara

Up North 04-29-2010 02:41 PM

She is a beauty. Much more colorful than mine. I found mine on a website and they dated it 1889 mine has a coffin lid.

Lostn51 04-29-2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
She is a beauty. Much more colorful than mine. I found mine on a website and they dated it 1889 mine has a coffin lid.

This one has the "Pearled" decals on it but other than that it is real close to yours!

Billy

SewExtremeSeams 04-29-2010 03:07 PM

Tara, I love your machine. And your cabinet looks so pretty. I hope you enjoy it very much!

damaquilts 04-29-2010 03:13 PM

She is beautiful

Glenn 04-29-2010 03:18 PM

I have found a binder foot for my 66-1 for $40 I think this is too much .What do you think

I found a binder foot for my 66-1 for $40. Is this to much? What do you think? Glenn

Glenn 04-29-2010 03:18 PM

I have found a binder foot for my 66-1 for $40 I think this is too much .What do you think

I found a binder foot for my 66-1 for $40. Is this to much? What do you think? Glenn

Glenn 04-29-2010 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by mama2josh
Hello!

I was wandering around the web and found this wonderful thread. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one with a sewing machine addiction! :)
I have a total of 7 machines right now - a Singer Featherweight, a Singer 301a, a Singer 319w, a Necchi in a table(that my grandmother used to make my mom's baby clothes), a Kenmore that I got for $5 at a garage sale because I liked the table, my Brother that my mom got me for Xmas 2 years ago, and a Standard treadle that I bought from my neighbor a couple days ago. The Kenmore is the only one that doesn't work. Well, I don't know about the Standard yet - she needs a belt.
The Standard is my first treadle machine - I'm so excited! I've been scouring the web to try and find some info on her, and I'm hoping maybe you guys can help me. I've included a couple pictures (she needs some work, but I think she's beautiful) and the serial number is 847038. Does anyone know how I can figure out more about her?

Tara

you have a wonderful machine there. I would love to have one Glenn

Glenn 04-29-2010 03:33 PM

Billy do you have a method for adjusting the bobbin tension the 66 ? Glenn

Glenn 04-29-2010 03:35 PM

forgive me for the repeats my comp is acting ugly tonight.