Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

EC 06-18-2010 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by BKinCO

You know you get a 3% discount if you order 5 machines. :mrgreen:

Billy

Oh, but what in the world would I do with FIVE machines??? That's just crazy talk :)[/quote]

We could order one for everyone who frequents the shop and just imagine what kind of discount we'd receive then ! ! !

purplefiend 06-18-2010 10:59 AM

the 301 isn't a zig zag machine

Lostn51 06-18-2010 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
the 301 isn't a zig zag machine

No but my 500 is

Billy

Kas 06-18-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by PunkQuilter
I just read this entire thread....backwards, just to be different. Somewhere in the ninety something pages someone was asking about the table for the 301 and how much to offer. I have been paying attention to those as I have been toying with the idea of getting one. It depends on condition and what you want it for. Are you going to use it or is it to collect? Please notice the size of the cut-out in these tables as far as what machine fits long or short bed. Some tables have been modified. There was one on E-bay recently listed for 75.00 that didn't sell. If it's in good condition I wouldn't pay more than 50 to 60 bucks. If it's perfect, I would give a little more. The genuine tables do have a serial number on the under the table edge.

I just saw a black short bed 301 in the 301 table on craigslist and they were asking $300 for the whole thing, but no attatchments or anything. I also saw the same type 301 in a De Luxe Desk model #42 cabinet with no stool, but with some attatchments and the manual for $95 at a local antique store. Is that a good deal?

Kas 06-18-2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by KenZ
I have a Red Eye that I am considering strippng for parts if I can help anyone out.

If it has the plate that goes over the bobbin case, I don't have one for my Red Eye. I am interested for sure! PM me, purty please!

oldswimmer 06-18-2010 02:49 PM

Billy,
I am kind of new to this, but my neighbor has an old singer for sale... serial AA861889 said it was made in 1926 in Bogata, Columbia. It has a nice oak(?) case and is not a floor model. Sits on a table. It seems that the only way to make it sew is with a knee bar. I have been looking for info, but cant seem to find any. I dont think there are any feet with it. She wants $60. The wood is excellent, just dusty, dirty.. Do you think that is a fair price. It does run. Any help is appreciated. The decals are a little worn. Should I worry that it wasnt made in the US? Thanks, Peggy.

Suzanne57 06-18-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
I am kind of new to this, but my neighbor has an old singer for sale... serial AA861889 said it was made in 1926 in Bogata, Columbia... Peggy.

AA to AT - Elizabeth, New Jersey USA
AA- 855511 870510 99 15000 January 20 1926

If the serial number is correct, it was made in Elizabeth NJ
Prefix CA - CY was made in Bogota, Columbia. It's a 99 but either Billy or one of the other collectors would be able to tell you more about a 99. If you get it, have fun with it.

purplefiend 06-18-2010 03:38 PM

"I just saw a black short bed 301 in the 301 table on craigslist and they were asking $300 for the whole thing, but no attatchments or anything. I also saw the same type 301 in a De Luxe Desk model #42 cabinet with no stool, but with some attatchments and the manual for $95 at a local antique store. Is that a good deal?"

If you have room for the cabinet, I'd think that it was the better deal as long as the cabinet is in good condition. You can remove the 301 from the cabinet by pressing down on the lever on the cradle that holds the machine into the cabinet and then its a portable.
Sharon

purplefiend 06-18-2010 03:40 PM

that machine was originally either a treadle or hand cranked machine, it has the large spoked wheel; very pretty machine by the way.
drooling in Texas,
Sharon

Kas 06-18-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
"I just saw a black short bed 301 in the 301 table on craigslist and they were asking $300 for the whole thing, but no attatchments or anything. I also saw the same type 301 in a De Luxe Desk model #42 cabinet with no stool, but with some attatchments and the manual for $95 at a local antique store. Is that a good deal?"

If you have room for the cabinet, I'd think that it was the better deal as long as the cabinet is in good condition. You can remove the 301 from the cabinet by pressing down on the lever on the cradle that holds the machine into the cabinet and then its a portable.
Sharon

Thanks, Sharon. Is that a good price, though? I am still trying to talk my hubby into negotiating for me, but he is pretending not to hear what I am saying! Imagine that!
:lol: