Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Glenn 10-24-2011 04:58 PM

Check the needle clamp first to see that it is on right

bloomin'Iris 10-24-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by Charlee
That's terrific Jan! Congrats on the ribbon, are you going to post pics? :)

Forgot to attach the pictures. this is a needle turn, hand quilted quilt 65 x 70". Took about a year to do. I got so tired of looking at it. No more large quilts for me.

Texas Jan

That is lovely, all the work involved don't know that I would have the patience, if I ever get to that point I'll let you know. Congrats, very pretty

miriam 10-24-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Open the face plate and the needle bar should have a screw to loosen the shaft so it can be turned but make sure it does not slip up or down. It may be a allen type screw. It will be very tight to get loose

Thanks. I've done timing on other machines. I think I'm going to sleep on it for tonight though - it sure isn't going anywhere. I think that needle bar is slightly cocked. Probably why somebody didn't sew much with that machine.

Glenn 10-24-2011 05:02 PM

Okay let me know what the outcome is when you get around to it

miriam 10-24-2011 05:03 PM

You are right - messing with that bar can be a b*itch. Maybe I should remove the needle clamp and put it back on. Thanks. I have some emery string over at the shop of course...

Charlee 10-24-2011 05:05 PM

Forgot to attach the pictures. this is a needle turn, hand quilted quilt 65 x 70". Took about a year to do. I got so tired of looking at it. No more large quilts for me.

Texas Jan

Oh my!! That is GORGEOUS!! Easy to see why you won...what a LOT of work!

Glenn 10-24-2011 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

You are right - messing with that bar can be a b*itch. Maybe I should remove the needle clamp and put it back on. Thanks. I have some emery string over at the shop of course...

You are right on this the needle bar can be a problem to work with. good luck
Glenn

Charlee 10-24-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris

Originally Posted by BZ quilting

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Thanks Vintagemotif I could not think Tiffiney. I knew it was a 66 but could remember the name of the decal

I see those decals and think of old Victorian homes in SF and gingerbread.

It is a very pretty machine and is very victorian. After unsing the VS2 I don't think I will be looking for anymore 66's

What is a VS2?

Vibrating shuttle #2, an early model of Singer. :)

How can you tell a difference? Are they different sizes?

It's a 27, before it was called 27. ;) :)

miriam 10-24-2011 05:06 PM

Texas Jan

That is one VERY nice piece of work!!! WOW a year? I doubt if I would EVER get anything that intricate done - not enough patience here.

quiltdoctor 10-24-2011 05:08 PM

Texas Jan

Oh my!! That is GORGEOUS!! Easy to see why you won...what a LOT of work!

Thanks Charlee and Miriam. It was a lot of work. Too much in fact. I'm proud of it, but there are too many fun quilts to spend a whole year on just one.

Texas Jan