Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

QuiltnCowgirl 10-25-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Needle turn is where you turn the raw edge of the applique piece under itself and stitch it to the background fabric by hand. No stitching shows on top at all.

Texas Jan

That is unless I am the one doing the handsewing!! I have 'CHSS' LOL

miriam 10-25-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
You don't look old to me!! ;) That wife of yours is a lucky lady! :)

all that treadling keeping him young

justtrish 10-25-2011 04:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My latest treasure was not looking to good when I got her home.

201-3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]277066[/ATTACH]

I had heard about this
[ATTACH=CONFIG]277067[/ATTACH]

sherian 10-25-2011 04:15 PM

thanks for the information on bobbins!

Charlee 10-25-2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl

Needle turn is where you turn the raw edge of the applique piece under itself and stitch it to the background fabric by hand. No stitching shows on top at all.

Texas Jan

LMAO!!! That one took me a few seconds to figure out! ;)

quiltdoctor 10-25-2011 04:59 PM

Texas Jan

Guess I am "dense". I don't get it???

Texas Jan

Charlee 10-25-2011 05:06 PM

Texas Jan

Texas Jan

Can't Hand Sew (uh...) STUFF!! ;)

quiltdoctor 10-25-2011 05:13 PM

Texas Jan

Texas Jan

Can't Hand Sew (uh...) STUFF!! ;)

Thanks Charlee. I would have never figured that one out. lol

Texas Jan

Celeste 10-25-2011 05:27 PM

Me too!

Originally Posted by Glenn

Originally Posted by BoJangles

My 319 fits the back lift hinges on the treadle. You will see an old man working the machine to LOL
Glenn

Ok I just watched a very handsome, young, thin man with a mustache and a big smile threadle his Singer 319!
Nancy

I had to pull out my medicare card to make sure you were watching the right clip :lol: I think if I remember correctly I dated it to 1964. I don't have all the flat cams for it yet but have not really looked for them. With the one I have and the keys I can do many stitches. It is a great machine to sew with.

I wanna see!!!

BoJangles 10-25-2011 05:58 PM

Ok I just watched a very handsome, young, thin man with a mustache and a big smile threadle his Singer 319! WOW! I want one - I am now on the hunt for a 319! Glenn, you are right the 'clip' you sent me is very short, but WOW it looks like so much fun to treadle a machine that does decorative stitches! What year is your 319? That machine sounds so smooth running!

Thank you!

Nancy

I had to pull out my medicare card to make sure you were watching the right clip :lol: I think if I remember correctly I dated it to 1964. I don't have all the flat cams for it yet but have not really looked for them. With the one I have and the keys I can do many stitches. It is a great machine to sew with.

Glenn, YOU don't look old at all!

Can you recheck the date on your 319? I just did some research and they were suppose to be made only from 55 to 57 because they were too technical for the modern lady with all their buttons and whistles!

Nancy