Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 04-22-2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5162701)
:) Wish I had it to give ya!

I wish ya did too - I got my life savings tied up in that mess... lol

Charlee 04-22-2012 07:01 PM

:D I'd call in sick so I could stay home and play!!

miriam 04-22-2012 07:07 PM

I can't do that - he knows about the machines.... he'd be at the door dragging me out by the hair... good swift kick in the butt - regular slave driver - sheesh - I'm having to train somebody on a store where he doesn't get along with the manager but I do. I got the lady to do some stuff he's been trying to get her to do for 3 years. They have little stand offs or something. She likes me for some reason. Galls him to no end. I hope he doesn't go on here...

Candace 04-22-2012 07:26 PM

Oh say it isn't so! You're not going to keep the 301? I know, I know, you can't keep them all:> I hope you got the bobbin case with it, cause original bobbin cases are verrrrrry pricey. I bet you can sell that one very quickly! I just got a 301 up and running that was rusted tight. After only 4 hours of elbow grease it just FMQed a baby quilt for me. Love my 301's!!

nurseknitsLaura 04-22-2012 08:49 PM

WOW! that is a real pretty quilt! love the colors! Your grand daughter is a lucky woman! Laura

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5162440)
Nancy, my daughter uses my dogs' brushed out hair to keep the deer out of the apple trees and flowers. I know my old hairdresser used to save cuttings for clients, too.

Miriam - do I see a 301? Where did you find that many clothes for wrapping machines?

Speaking of 301s, AnnieRose has another finish, though she had a little help from the 'new' MW. It's a two person size lap quilt for my granddaughter and her new husband. [ATTACH=CONFIG]329876[/ATTACH]

miriam 04-22-2012 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5162790)
Oh say it isn't so! You're not going to keep the 301? I know, I know, you can't keep them all:> I hope you got the bobbin case with it, cause original bobbin cases are verrrrrry pricey. I bet you can sell that one very quickly! I just got a 301 up and running that was rusted tight. After only 4 hours of elbow grease it just FMQed a baby quilt for me. Love my 301's!!

Yuppers it had the bobbin case and no rust! Looks to be a good one. You are right I can't keep everything. I have a few favorites I like to use. I had a 301 and hated the bobbin arrangement - kept getting thread wrapped around it - very annoying. Didn't float my boat at all. I tested out that FW that was missing the bobbin case and it sews beautifully - that FW just doesn't look like much - mechanically fantastic though.

irishrose 04-22-2012 10:45 PM

Please don't tell me the 301 is black. This is fun - for us watching, anyhow.

miriam 04-23-2012 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5162971)
Please don't tell me the 301 is black. This is fun - for us watching, anyhow.

look in the picture I posted- looks mocha to me.

rosie99 04-23-2012 06:22 AM

Thanks Charlee. That is great as I already have a table the is 36" square on that wall so a treadle will take up less space and look nicer . Now the hunt is on!

Candace 04-23-2012 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5162894)
Yuppers it had the bobbin case and no rust! Looks to be a good one. You are right I can't keep everything. I have a few favorites I like to use. I had a 301 and hated the bobbin arrangement - kept getting thread wrapped around it - very annoying. Didn't float my boat at all. I tested out that FW that was missing the bobbin case and it sews beautifully - that FW just doesn't look like much - mechanically fantastic though.

Hmmm. None of my 301's have problem with the thread wrapping around the bobbin assembly. Interesting.

Do you have a problem with temperature control and the storage of machines? I know, last summer I kept one machine in the attic and the heat cracked the bobbin fill doughnut and then I wondered what it might be doing to belts etc. so I brought it back in the house. I have 2 huge attics that I could use for storage, but I don't think the cold and heat is good for the machines? Have you had any issues?