Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 06-16-2012 07:21 PM

Ok, I have not looked at Craigslist for a couple weeks, but I peeked a little tonight! This one looks interesting! I went to e-bay to see what it looked like! I shouldn't have looked!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3082706859.html

I am buying one more sewing machine from Miriam, then I am done done done done! Did I say DONE buying machines! Oh except for a long bed 301! I do want one of those!
Nancy

BoJangles 06-16-2012 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh here is the pink Sterling I bought a couple weeks ago. My granddaughter decided she wants to finish a rag quilt she started a few years ago - using the pink machine! I am really glad this machine will be used![ATTACH=CONFIG]342613[/ATTACH] I oiled and cleaned her up - it will be good for the machine to get a good work out!

Nancy

Oh the blue painters tape is Kassidy's seam allowance. Also, this machine is one of those dedicated left hand needle position machines that Miz Johnny used to talk about!

jlhmnj 06-16-2012 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5294470)
It's only 8 hours from me....

8 hrs is a long ride for a sewing machine unless you can come up with an excuse to be in the area (family, friends, etc...). Think I'm starting to prefer ebay for heads. Last time I bought a treadle off craigslist I got a $125 speeding ticket in DC not to mention the gas money. That was my most expensive Davis ever.

Jon

irishrose 06-16-2012 07:49 PM

Question on the dedicated left hand machine. Isn't the painter's tape over the feed dogs? I checked out my Universal tonight looking for a machine to use while the 301 is out of commission and the needle is so far left that a 1/4" will be in the right feed. I don't see how it can sew a straight 1/4". All I can do is try tomorrow after I put a new plug on it.

SewExtremeSeams 06-16-2012 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 5294542)
DH has had 2 of 5 daily chemo treatments for Acute Myeloid Lukemia. He is tolerating it pretty well so far. His blood counts are in the pits, so he is getting blood and platelets regularly. He will be hospitalized till about July 15, if all goes well. This is a stubborn cancer that takes a rough chemo. I read the list every day on my smart phone while at the hospital. I'm enjoying seeing everyone's new machines. Mine are sitting here keeping me company.

Off to bed for me.

Texas Jan

Bless you Jan. I will be praying for you and your husband. I can't even imagine what you two are going through. Please keep us updated.

SewExtremeSeams 06-16-2012 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5294652)
Ok, I have not looked at Craigslist for a couple weeks, but I peeked a little tonight! This one looks interesting! I went to e-bay to see what it looked like! I shouldn't have looked!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3082706859.html

I am buying one more sewing machine from Miriam, then I am done done done done! Did I say DONE buying machines! Oh except for a long bed 301! I do want one of those!
Nancy

Done?????:shock: :eek:...the very thought of being done...:D

Charlee 06-16-2012 08:00 PM

Where's Monica? Has anyone seen/heard from her?

SewExtremeSeams 06-16-2012 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5294462)
Linda, I'm glad you had a good time! :) What a fun way to spend the day...

When do you go pick up the new girl? ~wink and a grin~

Picked her up Friday. Man, I have so many photos to take and post. Alas, it is bedtime though. I work the Visitors' Booth at early service tomorrow. TTFN:)

Charlee 06-16-2012 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj (Post 5294683)
8 hrs is a long ride for a sewing machine unless you can come up with an excuse to be in the area (family, friends, etc...). Think I'm starting to prefer ebay for heads. Last time I bought a treadle off craigslist I got a $125 speeding ticket in DC not to mention the gas money. That was my most expensive Davis ever.

Jon

~grin~ I'm a former trucker Jon...8 hours is nothin'! I'm not going to go get it, at that price, its most likely already gone...but it IS tempting!

miriam 06-17-2012 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 5294542)
DH has had 2 of 5 daily chemo treatments for Acute Myeloid Lukemia. He is tolerating it pretty well so far. His blood counts are in the pits, so he is getting blood and platelets regularly. He will be hospitalized till about July 15, if all goes well. This is a stubborn cancer that takes a rough chemo. I read the list every day on my smart phone while at the hospital. I'm enjoying seeing everyone's new machines. Mine are sitting here keeping me company.

Off to bed for me.

Texas Jan

Take a little time for Jan - you both are in my prayers.