Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

irishrose 10-03-2012 02:53 PM

I bet the gorgeous cabinet is shellac over paper. It's fantastic looking.

On the pinterest site, I do not like painted treadle cabinets. It just doesn't seem right. I do like the black paint with a wood grained top.

miriam 10-03-2012 02:54 PM

SO maybe by NEXT summer we can all show off our sewing table paint jobs/do overs. I like that one with the aqua matching sewing machine. I have a pink and gray machine - I've thought it would be cool in a pink and gray cabinet.

vintagemotif 10-03-2012 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Like this computer desk.

vintagemotif 10-03-2012 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5560061)
I bet the gorgeous cabinet is shellac over paper. It's fantastic looking.

On the pinterest site, I do not like painted treadle cabinets. It just doesn't seem right. I do like the black paint with a wood grained top.

That black with the wood grained top is handsome!

miriam 10-03-2012 02:58 PM

Wilbur is on some high powered drugs (he does resist taking the medicine) that gave him diarrhea - he's being a real trouper - he asked for a diaper. Then he has figured out that the girls giggle when he makes noise... He's trying to figure out how he can do that when he wants to - well, he can burp if he wants to... BOYS... He hasn't missed the potty yet. We are hoping he doesn't get dehydrated. His leg and feet sores look better than yesterday.

vintagemotif 10-03-2012 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5560064)
SO maybe by NEXT summer we can all show off our sewing table paint jobs/do overs. I like that one with the aqua matching sewing machine. I have a pink and gray machine - I've thought it would be cool in a pink and gray cabinet.

You need that White cabinet too.

How is the grandchild doing today? Been praying for him.

Opps, just read post above.

vintagemotif 10-03-2012 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One could also spray paint through lace for a special look.
Here is an example on a chair. Or one could decoupage with maps.

miriam 10-03-2012 03:19 PM

how do you paste an image HERE? I can get it to copy but it won't go here. I can send an image in an email but there is no selection to paste here.

vintagemotif 10-03-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5560129)
how do you paste an image HERE? I can get it to copy but it won't go here. I can send an image in an email but there is no selection to paste here.

I have noticed that lately the image doesn't show after uploading like it had before. So, there is no way of knowing that it went through until after you post the reply. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Sometimes images need to be made smaller and other times not. I don't know if that answered your question.

grayhare 10-03-2012 03:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just picked up a 99K yesterday. The motor didn't work, so I was planning on putting a handcrank on her. You can see the clear coat (I'm guessing) looks like alligator skin. I did a quick wipe down, but she will need a good cleaning, and so forth. The race area is really dirty, and a lot of fluff.
Anamaria