Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 11-20-2012 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5668529)
Miriam,

I had a Japanese made machine a few years ago that the top and nose were all one piece.
To get 'under the hood'. the top hinged on the (I think) the right side. Look for hidden hinges.

Cathy

So far all I've found is a nut on the bottom side of the top - I tried to pivot the cover after I took the nut off but it didn't go very far - I tried to lift and pivot and I tried to lift it off - I don't like taking those pressure regulators apart so I will probe some more. I think I like that machine - seems very well made and lightly used.

"Now Miriam, Good ole Rodney surely isn't embarrassed about a pink foot control. Everyone knows that a good blue (male) machine needs a good pink (female) controller to keep him in line. You know, kinda like the humans...every man needs a good female to keep him in line...oops, I mean HAPPY."

You are right - I wlll leave that pink (female) controller on Rodney so he won't miss her controlling ways. :D:D:D:D I almost woke up DH when I read that...

BoJangles 11-20-2012 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5668940)
So far all I've found is a nut on the bottom side of the top - I tried to pivot the cover after I took the nut off but it didn't go very far - I tried to lift and pivot and I tried to lift it off - I don't like taking those pressure regulators apart so I will probe some more. I think I like that machine - seems very well made and lightly used.

"Now Miriam, Good ole Rodney surely isn't embarrassed about a pink foot control. Everyone knows that a good blue (male) machine needs a good pink (female) controller to keep him in line. You know, kinda like the humans...every man needs a good female to keep him in line...oops, I mean HAPPY."

You are right - I wlll leave that pink (female) controller on Rodney so he won't miss her controlling ways. :D:D:D:D I almost woke up DH when I read that...

Miriam, when are we going to see a photo of "Rodney?" I am really curious about this machine! Is Rodney something you just named this machine, or does it say Rodney on the machine?

Nancy

miriam 11-20-2012 03:01 PM

Rodney says RODNEY right smack across the front - I'm up to my eyeballs doing 3 days work in 2 so I'll have to shoot Rodney sometime when things settle down

rosie99 11-20-2012 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5666092)
Rosie, can you see a belt in the picture? It sounds to me like it's missing a belt.

Yes I can see the belt. But I missed out on the fabulous deal, mostly due to myself. I have my eye on another featherweight I just need to convince my son to go for a drive this weekend. lol!

grant15clone 11-20-2012 04:00 PM

It could also mean that the washer under the hand wheel knob is up side down. If the motor runs and it turns the hand wheel that would be the first thing I would check. Cheap fix too! ~G~

Originally Posted by rosie99 (Post 5670335)
Yes I can see the belt. But I missed out on the fabulous deal, mostly due to myself. I have my eye on another featherweight I just need to convince my son to go for a drive this weekend. lol!

miriam 11-20-2012 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 5670414)
It could also mean that the washer under the hand wheel knob is up side down. If the motor runs and it turns the hand wheel that would be the first thing I would check. Cheap fix too! ~G~

That was my guess too.

Mizkaki 11-20-2012 07:51 PM

Miriam,
OH No. Don't shoot Rodney.

Cathy

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5670301)
Rodney says RODNEY right smack across the front - I'm up to my eyeballs doing 3 days work in 2 so I'll have to shoot Rodney sometime when things settle down

blueheavenfla 11-21-2012 12:08 AM

Miriam, you need a stallion in your herd so be sure to use the camera when you shoot him.

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5670841)
Miriam,
OH No. Don't shoot Rodney.

Cathy

grant15clone 11-21-2012 04:38 AM

Poor Rodney, He still gets No Respect, No Respect At All I Tell 'Ya. :D :D :D :D ~G~

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla (Post 5671024)
Miriam, you need a stallion in your herd so be sure to use the camera when you shoot him.

BoJangles 11-21-2012 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5668156)
Charlee, good to see you again but do take care of your self and don't get over worked.
I am back home now after surgery on Wed. Things are going slow but getting better every day. I missed a lot of reading on the board but DH has kept me up to date. He has found out that he is very busy during the day doing what I usually do and what he usually does but he is doing quite well at it.

Trish I just went back and read this post! I hope you are doing great after having surgery!

Nancy