Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

bpeace4u 05-04-2013 04:13 PM

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering when it was made and what it was. Thank y'all so much. It must of been bought at th e Charles Williams, store because the little badge says Charles William store. It also used to say Richmond on the front, I suspect that was also put on by the store.

Glenn 05-04-2013 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by bpeace4u (Post 6044622)
You wouldn't happen to know how to thread it would you? I do not have a manual.

Yes I do, I use this machine all the time. I will scan and send the manual with threading instructions to you. PM me your email so I can send it to you or i could just post the threading instruction here if you like.
Skip

bpeace4u 05-04-2013 04:18 PM

Sent you my email. Thanks.

bpeace4u 05-04-2013 04:22 PM

The only difference I can find in my machine is that the bobbin winder is lower.

purplefiend 05-04-2013 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by frudemoo (Post 6041567)
That's so cool Sharon! Heartens me for getting my new 'free' Necchi Supernova going. It looks crustyyyyy....
Amelia

I think it was a Necchi 535 or something like that, so maybe the 70s?
Sharon

bpeace4u 05-04-2013 04:29 PM

If it is badged does that mean it was manufactured for a store for them to put there name on?

bpeace4u 05-04-2013 04:50 PM

Got the bobbin winder fixed. Didn't attach the spring In the little hole.

bpeace4u 05-04-2013 05:42 PM

Thanks to skip I threaded the machine and got the tension right. Did a little test sew BG turning the hand wheel and it is so much smoother than my modern machine. Can't wait for the belt to come Wednesday so I can do some serious sewing.

miriam 05-04-2013 06:31 PM

bpeace4u, It is sure fun sewing with those old ladies.

I cleaned up a Universal today. (15 clone) I got it thinking Aha parts machine. Yeah it looked that bad. No slide plate and the bobbin case was rusted pretty good. I started by oiling the innards. It turned so nice... so I took EVERYTHING off, cleaned Tammi style with a dump bucket full of Oxyclean and soap. That mix did not take the tar off though. I used rubbing alcohol someone on here mentioned - I figured there was nothing to lose. The whole back end of that machine was covered in tar - I wondered at first if it was some kind of a textured finish on it. It did clean up and looks pretty darn good. It is probably the quietest machine I've had in a very long time. The tension was gooey with dried up oil so I re-did it last thing. Then I test sewed and it sews perfectly! I need to check the motor and wiring yet. I had a bobbin case but I need to find a slide plate. Clones are so forgiving. Then on the way home this evening my car got rear ended. We are ok but ache.

J Miller 05-04-2013 06:38 PM

Miriam,

I'm gonna try the rubbing alcohol on the 15-91 I have. It also has that tarry stuff on it.

Glad you are OK. Were you in your little red car? Perhaps you should buy a big Buick Roadmaster. More substance to it. Just kidding, pain hurts, oh how I know that.

Joe