Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 07-11-2013 03:20 PM

I just read this about Tri-flow:
"The first thing I did with this was remove the squirt top and drop in a small, clean rock about the size of a garbanzo bean. Put the top back on and then I shook it, and shook it, and shook it…until I could finally hear the rock rattling around––and it took a lot of shaking."
What do you think?

Glenn 07-11-2013 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6172354)
"The first thing I did with this was remove the squirt top and drop in a small, clean rock about the size of a garbanzo bean. Put the top back on and then I shook it, and shook it, and shook it…until I could finally hear the rock rattling around––and it took a lot of shaking."
What do you think?

If it settles that hard in the bottle then what will it do to our machines after a while????

miriam 07-11-2013 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6172531)
If it settles that hard in the bottle then what will it do to our machines after a while????

So far I haven't had any trouble with one setting up like 3 in 1 oil does make you wonder.

Mizkaki 07-11-2013 08:14 PM

Miriam,

I have for years dropped a small stainless steel bolt into all of my Tri-Flow bottles. It really helps with the mixing.
A clean pebble will work the same.

Cathy

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6172354)
What do you think?

frudemoo 07-12-2013 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by frudemoo (Post 6167446)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423135[/ATTACH]

Hmmm... turns out there are two of these screws and they are just attaching a tensioned plate. Still can't see how you would get the whole thing out to get to the area behind where the thread is stuck. Can anyone else offer any insight? I didn't manage to get to see Mike this week so I need some leads.
Thanks in advance!!

SteveH 07-12-2013 07:28 AM

totally not up on these "new fangled" machines, but is it perhaps a left handed screw?

SteveH 07-12-2013 09:24 AM

Glenn,

I found this: http://website.lineone.net/~lindave/manuals.htm

but I am not ready to pay $25 for a copy yet...

frudemoo 07-12-2013 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 6173336)
totally not up on these "new fangled" machines, but is it perhaps a left handed screw?

Thanks Steve. Turns out I've completely stuffed up the timing of the machine. That little plate looked so innocent :(

In happier news, I got the feed dogs off after about 50 attempts and got behind the mechanism to clean out the thread and also found a giant lint creature from the deep.... So that was satisfying! Such a shame now the machine doesn't work!! ..... Oh well, learned my lesson.

miriam 07-12-2013 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by frudemoo (Post 6174008)
Thanks Steve. Turns out I've completely stuffed up the timing of the machine. That little plate looked so innocent :(

In happier news, I got the feed dogs off after about 50 attempts and got behind the mechanism to clean out the thread and also found a giant lint creature from the deep.... So that was satisfying! Such a shame now the machine doesn't work!! ..... Oh well, learned my lesson.

shoot a pic and see if we can help you figure it out

frudemoo 07-14-2013 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6174061)
shoot a pic and see if we can help you figure it out

Hey Miriam

Thanks heaps... but it turns out it wasn't the timing. I'd accidentally knocked the plate that holds the bobbin case cover closed and it meant the needle was hitting the bobbin case because it was out of alignment. Once I tightened it back up again, it shifted the bobbin forward and opened up the space for the needle again.

Now I'm all about tension assembly issues! Can't figure it out, but should be able to from yours and Cecilia's tips from the other thread so I won't bother you about it here ;)