Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 09-02-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 (Post 6270201)
Did I ask about sewing kits? I have not posted a pic of the 227m yet but I will. It came from a local restaurant with a little shop attached to browse while you waited to be seated. My husband and I saw it at dinner one night and he slipped back the next week to buy it for me; good timimg for the machine because the place burned to the ground the next week.

Miriam the shop looks great. Love the quilted floor.

Thanks - I'm happy with that floor and wanting so bad to get in there and make a big mess. Those 227s and 228s are pretty cool machines.

I didn't see where you said anything about a kit either - I think that guy was advertising... LOL

BoJangles 09-02-2013 04:39 PM

Wow Redbugsullivan, Annette, that White Rotary is drop dead gorgeous!

Miriam, I have a soft spot for the two tone machines! I'd like to see a better picture of it!

Nancy

miriam 09-02-2013 04:45 PM

Nancy that machine is nearly perfect. I'll try to get a picture as soon as I can find my camera. I think it has legs. My DGS that lives in Seattle is going to the zoo with us tomorrow and I can't find it... I NEED it for work on Wednesday. I so need to clean up that pig stye... I mean old shop...

melinda1962 09-02-2013 06:00 PM

I did not think I asked about sewing kits did but I am sometimes crazy. Learning how to use a smart phone to post so my typing is terrible.

I had seen the posts about the hinged bobbin and realized I had seen one up close. I have been swamped with projects.....star
Wars costume, pirate wench, and two baby quilts last week. Week before was kindermat covers that my daughter and I sold locally. And I got new glasses and can see to thread a needle so that is good. On a sewing note, my last two machines has an unusual attachment-hand held machine needle threader. After I got glasses. LOL

miriam 09-02-2013 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found my camera!!! I was going to take a picture of a sewing machine cover I made. Not a quilt it's just made out of old shirts. It was made on my Singer 403. Anyway the camera was waiting to take the picture.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433814[/ATTACH]

miriam 09-02-2013 06:09 PM

oops it is a trick sewing machine - it hangs on the wall defies gravity:D... I have more to make.

Akweiland 09-02-2013 06:12 PM

Miriam, I love your sewing machine cover!!!

chris_quilts 09-02-2013 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Akweiland (Post 6270635)
Miriam, I love your sewing machine cover!!!

I too love that cover. What a great reuse of an old shirt.

miriam 09-02-2013 06:24 PM

Thanks. I'm putting together a fleet of derelict machines to take camping over the week end. I need time out covers. I really should applique TIME OUT on the backs but I don't have time. I'm betting there will be little boys testing these out so I wanted something kind of masculine looking. I may clip some badges on the pockets to say time out - the sleeves were a hurry up way to hold it together. I just narrowed down the sleeves a little and sewed them in the seams toward the back.

miriam 09-02-2013 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OH oh I should open it up, shoot it, and show how easy it was to make.
The back is some kind of piece of quilted stuff to give it body
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433818[/ATTACH]