Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

KenmoreRulesAll 04-07-2014 03:52 PM

Cool. Thank you. I will probably get the 206 and might get both. The 206 has been neglected for many years and the seller has been up front about it. (Dirty, oily haze, etc. but in good shape.) The 306 seller claims his works extremely well. They seem priced about right.

I'm beginning to develop a Singer fetish. Not sure this is a good thing.

monopas 04-08-2014 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by KenmoreRulesAll (Post 6664754)
I'm beginning to develop a Singer fetish. Not sure this is a good thing.

One does get fond of the idea of actual replacement part availability.

KenmoreRulesAll 04-08-2014 11:38 AM

monopas, you're an enabler! :)

monopas 04-08-2014 11:56 AM

Well, I've found a very supportive group of them here, and feel far less extreme with my scant 7 vintage machines.

It is just that there is actually a lot of info out there about how to fix Singers and manuals and parts, makes it difficult to want to work on others as a beginner. I got a featherweight 221 with two inner parts put on backwards fixed and going within a few days, but I had to buy a manual for my Kenmore 1311 from a manuals website. And it is a good thing that the first one of the two I have was in very nice condition, and the second only needed a new bobbin winder tire. That said, I envy and admire the people who've been at this long enough that they're fixing up machines that can't even be firmly identified!

missgigglewings 04-08-2014 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FINALLY!! It took me a long time to find a working Featherweight...within my budget! I found this on Ebay and the description said no power cord or foot pedal. I thought...well I can buy one some where! So I bid on it a couple of times and all of a sudden..it was over and I won! My final bid, which included shipping was 195.00! She does have a few rust spots which I do need to know how to get rid of..hint, hint! She does run quiet and fast, with a nice little stitch. Best part ....in the case was the foot pedal and the power cord with a note stating that she had found them but Ebay wouldn't let her add the information because the auction had already started! So...Yay me!

Meet Lucy everybody

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470744[/ATTACH]

Cogito 04-08-2014 12:08 PM

Well miss giggle, you certainly got a nice deal, have fun with your FW.

oldsewnsew 04-08-2014 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by monopas (Post 6665900)
One does get fond of the idea of actual replacement part availability.

for me i like the pursuit of thr obscure and unobtainable. In my younger days, I drove Studebakers!

Smorris17119 04-09-2014 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 6650304)
Welcome Jake. Below is a link that I recommend highly if you really get into repairing sewing machines
http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/

Caroline your right this site is best site out there for fixing several Singer vintage machines, much better than the singer manual. This site inspired me to try and get a few treadles to Hati but so far I can't find the right connections. I wish this organization had affiliations in the USA for other 3rd world countries closer to us than Afghanistan. I can't understand when you have a country like the states, loaded with these old machines sitting in cellars and so many people not that far away that are desperate for them, why this can't happen.

KenmoreRulesAll 04-09-2014 02:19 PM

Hey, missgiggle -- nice score. Enjoy your new machine and congrats on getting a great deal!

retired2pa 04-09-2014 02:55 PM

I have a Mercury machine that needs a new belt. How do I know what size I need? I don't have the old belt.

Thanks.