Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Lily Leticia 12-23-2014 01:06 AM

Are all favorits the same?

miriam 12-23-2014 01:21 AM

The Favorit 640 I have sews a mean stitch but you can't adjust the length with out reaching in with a pair of pliers due to the melted stitch length part inside the machine. The inside has some plastic gears - maybe nylon even then, it weighs a ton. The bobbin loads in the back so is awkward to use. It is in a case so it is supposed to be portable. LOL... I had a Bernina 530 for a while - it was all locked up and there was not much access to the innards to get it cleaned up. The knee control was missing and nothing else worked to make it run. If I were to judge all Bernina machines by those two I guess I would stay clear. I don't go out of my way to get a Bernina. I know there are people who love them I do not. I think there are simpler machines that will do the job and be easier to maintain from day to day let alone major work.

manicmike 12-23-2014 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lily Leticia (Post 7018398)
Yes! I have manual for 530-1 record. I just did not receive the 640-2 favorit. Instead of manual of 640-2 favorit I received 540-2...
I didn't see the link for the down loadable manual of 640-2

It's the same machine and the manual that I received with my 642-1. If you want one that actually says "640" you'll have to pay someone.

Lily Leticia 12-23-2014 10:07 AM

who do I pay? Thank you Mike

manicmike 12-23-2014 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lily Leticia (Post 7018882)
who do I pay? Thank you Mike

Go to google.com and type your own phrase "down loadable manual of 640-2" into the search box.

Quincunx 12-23-2014 01:58 PM

A question I should have asked long ago.

What is the way to keep the support arm for the fold-out cabinet top from popping out?

This is one of the plainest cabinets. The bent headed bolt someone screwed into the side of the cabinet was a good idea. Twist it a little to free the support arm, fold up the arm and twist the bolt head back, the arm pops out again but it is held by the bolt. But maybe one time out of ten I put the arm back and it stays in place on its own. What did I do to make it stay in place? Was it friction, or luck, or did I pull the spring and latch it somehow?

miriam 12-23-2014 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Quincunx (Post 7019134)
A question I should have asked long ago.

What is the way to keep the support arm for the fold-out cabinet top from popping out?

This is one of the plainest cabinets. The bent headed bolt someone screwed into the side of the cabinet was a good idea. Twist it a little to free the support arm, fold up the arm and twist the bolt head back, the arm pops out again but it is held by the bolt. But maybe one time out of ten I put the arm back and it stays in place on its own. What did I do to make it stay in place? Was it friction, or luck, or did I pull the spring and latch it somehow?

groan, I wish I knew

miriam 12-25-2014 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Glenn,
Merry Christmas Everybody
[ATTACH=CONFIG]503679[/ATTACH]

Glenn 12-25-2014 03:12 PM

Nice decoration Miriam. Love the Santa.

chris_quilts 12-25-2014 05:35 PM

Sweet ornament Miriam.