Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Macybaby 05-17-2015 03:03 PM

ummm- don't you look at other threads on the Vintage forum?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t265283.html

chris_quilts 05-17-2015 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 7198529)
ummm- don't you look at other threads on the Vintage forum?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t265283.html

Great thread. Thanks for the link.

Macybaby 05-18-2015 05:27 AM

I almost never come and read on this thread - I always thought it was more of a "general chat" thread for the group, and not for questions and info about vintage machines.

It's interesting that there are some people posting on this thread that I rarely see posting on any other threads in the vintage forum - and vice versa. I know a lot of Vintage Machine posters rarely or never go to any of the other forums on Quiltingboard, but it's interesting to see that some posters may never leave this one thread.

I may have to check this thread out a bit more often.

SteveH 05-18-2015 07:38 AM

when I first joined the board most chatting occurred here, pictures in "photos" and the occasional item was made into a separate thread, how times change...

chris_quilts 05-18-2015 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 7199184)
when I first joined the board most chatting occurred here, pictures in "photos" and the occasional item was made into a separate thread, how times change...

I agree with Steve. Times have changed & this thread isn't as active as it once was.

Glenn 05-18-2015 05:27 PM

I agree, we need to chat more on this thread about machines. It used to be full of questions and answers. It was very helpful and full of good info. I would like to see this thread come back. Now there are to many threads started to keep track of. Even the photo thread has got out of hand. Yes how times have changed.

grant15clone 05-19-2015 05:43 AM

I also agree. I know I have not been posting nearly as much lately. Some people have been poo-poo'd on here and are more reluctant to post. I myself have been more reluctant to do so in fear that helping someone might get me banned. I do miss the conversations and seeing the sharing of knowledge that a lot of really great people were doing. I can honestly say that I learned more here than on any other site and met some really great people in the process. I love seeing what people are working on and what they run into as well.
Well, that's my two cents.
~G~
P.S. What are YOU doing tomorrow SteveH? :thumbup:

ThayerRags 05-19-2015 06:37 AM

I think one of the reasons that this thread died out, was because at one point it had too many separate and vastly different conversations going on at the same time. Kind of like a large group of people in a small room, all talking at the same time about different things. It became difficult following a conversation, especially when you weren’t exactly sure which conversation a post was responding to. There were times when you had to skim through an entire page or two to get to the next post pertaining to the conversation of interest. Multiple threads help spread out the subjects a little, instead of everyone talking about everything in the same thread.

Another reason, at least for me, was that I couldn’t ever find a post back through the pages that I wanted to review. There were so many pages that I couldn’t ever find anything. I don’t know if it just my ignorance of how to use the multiple search boxes, or if they were added later. I remember others commenting that they couldn't find anything searching either. Back at that time, I only recall the one white search box up in the heading, and didn’t notice the “Search Forum” and “Search Thread” options down in the forum and thread headers like are here now. Were they always there, or have they been added? They sure make searching a lot easier.

Then finally, when rants about past members here got to going strong, it was just easier and more enjoyable reading to go find another thread to read than to skim through and try to ignore the rant.

CD in Oklahoma

manicmike 05-20-2015 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 7200216)
I also agree. I know I have not been posting nearly as much lately. Some people have been poo-poo'd on here and are more reluctant to post. I myself have been more reluctant to do so in fear that helping someone might get me banned. I do miss the conversations and seeing the sharing of knowledge that a lot of really great people were doing. I can honestly say that I learned more here than on any other site and met some really great people in the process. I love seeing what people are working on and what they run into as well.

Grant, what do you mean? Nobody ever gets abused on this forum and it's only abuse or advertising that will get you banned. Are you saying you've been the perpetrator of abuse or the victim? I read both in your post.

If you're proven to be a reasonable person you won't be banned (although tell SteveH this ;-) ), or not for long. I was given a slap last year for trying to get someone to own up to something. Both he and I got the same warning.

miriam 05-21-2015 12:07 AM

I've been spanked before, too.