Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Deara 08-29-2010 06:38 PM

I have a question for the ones who may know.

Is it true you can drop the feed dogs on a 99K?

If this is true, can it also be done on a Spartan 192K?

Blessings,
Sandi

BoJangles 08-29-2010 08:10 PM

[quote=Gramof6]

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by dunster

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Lacelady, what am I missing? I pulled up the site and can see where you get the allotted number of machines, where they were made, and year they were made, but how do you get the Month and day?

What am I not seeing?

Nancy

On that site, click either the dbl or single digit prefix. It should bring up a page with dates. In Grey box with Red writing, below is prefixes in Red. Click on whichever fits your machine. It brings up pages with the month & date as well as the year.

Geeze, that is so cool! I thought Billy and some of the rest of you had a secret place where you could find out the Month and date that the rest of us didn't see!

Thank you!

Nancy

BoJangles 08-29-2010 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Deara
I have a question for the ones who may know.

Is it true you can drop the feed dogs on a 99K?

If this is true, can it also be done on a Spartan 192K?

Blessings,
Sandi

That's an interesting question? I have a 1956, 99K and I don't see any way to drop those feed dogs? I also had a Spartan -- I would seriously doubt the Spartan was cabable of doing something the 99K didn't do?

The manual for the 99K does say that a feed cover plate is available to purchase for the machine -- it didn't come as an accessary with the machine.

Nancy

wvdek 08-29-2010 09:28 PM

"Yes, I bought my first featherweight from my own yard sale"

Oh my goodness. This is too funny. I'd say it fell in your lap literally.

Way to go Honchey. I e-mailed him too and his reply was concerning the three lines going around the top of the base and that the gloss blacks don't have that only the crinkle finish have them.

Honchey 08-29-2010 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek

Way to go Honchey. I e-mailed him too and his reply was concerning the three lines going around the top of the base and that the gloss blacks don't have that only the crinkle finish have them.

wouldn't the handwheel also be crinkle? it's shiny!

Lostn51 08-30-2010 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey

Originally Posted by wvdek

wouldn't the handwheel also be crinkle? it's shiny!

No it would be a gloss black, I am thinking that this is the real deal here the more we look at it.

Fortunately there are enough folks on here that really know their FW's and a lot more that are noticing details that I missed and a few other did too. It always good to have lots of extra eyes!!!

This is why I love our group here in the shop!!

Billy

KatFish 08-30-2010 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One of my latest toys that DH got for me. He is a keeper.

BZ quilting 08-30-2010 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by KatFish
One of my latest toys that DH got for me. He is a keeper.

I am so jealous :hunf:

KatFish 08-30-2010 09:03 AM

Okay....so now that I have Singers feather weight, 301, 99K, 66 handcrank, 15-99, Modle 12 treadle, 401, and the 500 Rocketeer, is my collection now complete. Are there any more "got to have it" Singers to collect?

Cause...I just counted, and DH has 15 fishing poles, so that means I can add some more right? :-)

Honchey 08-30-2010 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by KatFish
Okay....so now that I have Singers feather weight, 301, 99K, 66 handcrank, 15-99, Modle 12 treadle, 401, and the 500 Rocketeer, is my collection now complete. Are there any more "got to have it" Singers to collect?

Cause...I just counted, and DH has 15 fishing poles, so that means I can add some more right? :-)

You got it !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: