Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

grannysewer 10-20-2010 07:26 AM

Does anyone know who makes the Atlas? I can't find out anything about it. There was one post that said they thought Brother made them. Any help will be appreciated.Bobbie

Shemjo 10-20-2010 07:29 AM

Thanks, Lesley, that looks like one cool machine. I didn't see a case with it.
Just got mine back from servicing, so I am good to go.

Lacelady 10-20-2010 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Have you seen this FW on ebay? I love the bit of history that goes with it.

If it could be documented I would buy it for me. I have several of her pinups in my attic waiting to be put up in the new addition of the studio. I had them in my office at my other home along with a lot of other memorabilia.

Billy

You could always ask the seller how he knows about this history! BTW - are they the kind of pic we could see here?

Lostn51 10-20-2010 08:34 AM

Have you seen this FW on ebay? I love the bit of history that goes with it.

If it could be documented I would buy it for me. I have several of her pinups in my attic waiting to be put up in the new addition of the studio. I had them in my office at my other home along with a lot of other memorabilia.

Billy

You could always ask the seller how he knows about this history! BTW - are they the kind of pic we could see here?

Well I would want documentation so it will show proof of ownership like original sales slips or warranty papers with her name on it. Or a COA one. I will have to get the camera up in the attic to take the photos but yeah they are tastefully done by todays standards.

Billy

Lostn51 10-20-2010 08:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I found these on the web I forgot one of mine is of her topless....

Billy

Lacelady 10-20-2010 09:19 AM

Well, she certainly had curves in all the right places. It would be interesting to think that this machine might have made some of those costumes.

quilterguy27 10-20-2010 09:55 AM

Trish I am going to have to hang out with you guys, because you are finding the machines left and right!! Right now I am on a Featherweight hunt like there is no tomorrow. I have a quilt shop that wants to sell my refurbished and repainted FW's. So I am in the process of buying everyone I can get my paws on!

Billy

You should be careful about this comment Billy. Now they are going to be coming out of the woodwork for you. Keep in mind I still have mine, lol.
Doug

quilterguy27 10-20-2010 09:59 AM

Sweet score on the Featherweight!!! Yes it does help to ask about machines and notions. I am hoping to score a couple of machines Tuesday a Kenmore and a White both will be fully serviced and will be resold.

Billy

Billy:
Did you ever get together with Judy and get the machines she wanted to rehome?

Lacelady 10-20-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27

Trish I am going to have to hang out with you guys, because you are finding the machines left and right!! Right now I am on a Featherweight hunt like there is no tomorrow. I have a quilt shop that wants to sell my refurbished and repainted FW's. So I am in the process of buying everyone I can get my paws on!

Billy

You should be careful about this comment Billy. Now they are going to be coming out of the woodwork for you. Keep in mind I still have mine, lol.
Doug

Well sorry, Billy, you can't have either of mine.

Shemjo 10-20-2010 01:48 PM

I had to go on eBay to check out those machines, Lesley. Now my girlfriend is bidding on them I have mine, thank you very much. But it can be fun!