Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

Bluebonnet Sue 09-28-2011 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo
a couple more of my 'cuties'

Sure would love to find a Cinderella for my collection. They are jsut the cutest ever. Where did you find yours?

Fabb 09-29-2011 05:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I'll show off a few of mine...they both need some serious cleaning but I can't wait to treadle the 201 in a wooden-leg treadle I found.

AD series 1935 Featherweight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264008[/ATTACH]

AD series 1932 201-3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264009[/ATTACH]

Charlee 09-30-2011 05:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Miz Hazel in all her glory!! I'm tickled pink that she turned out as nice as she did...many thanks to Skip for holding my hand through the shellac process! :)

Before...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264388[/ATTACH]

After...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264389[/ATTACH]

Coffintop removed...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264390[/ATTACH]

Fabb 09-30-2011 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Miz Hazel in all her glory!! I'm tickled pink that she turned out as nice as she did...many thanks to Skip for holding my hand through the shellac process! :)

That's absolutely gorgeous! Excellent job.

mukerjea 09-30-2011 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee

That's an awesome restoration. It looks brand new from showroom. :D

Ash

HisPatchwork 09-30-2011 08:08 AM

She's beautiful!

montanajan 09-30-2011 11:47 AM

Wow!
Charlee, that is a real beauty - surprising what lots of elbow grease can do to an old loved object! The cabinet turned out spectacular from what we can see - enjoy!

emmah 09-30-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Selena
I am absolutely sick and can't stop crying. It has taken years to get my parents to finally give me my great grandmother's 1896 Singer Treadle and it is ruined! They just let it set there and rust away. It was a Sphinx with the deluxe cabinet. The paint has literally turned to powder and in places just popped off. I used to stand by my grandmother while she sewed on it. I remember the wonderful sound a treadle makes and I wanted to sew on it. Grandma told me she wanted me to have it when I was a young girl. She said she knew I would take care of it. I am beside myself with grief. I can't even bring myself to take a picture of it.

Restore it as best you can, get rid of the rust and refinish the cabinet. Get it back to working condition and enjoy the memories you have while using it. It is precious to you. You can do it! Check out directions under tutorials for vintage sewing machines.

whinnytoo 10-03-2011 05:03 AM

I got Cinderella at a garage sale several years ago. Sadly the case is totally shot and the machine needs new wiring, but I love it anyhow!

Originally Posted by Bluebonnet Sue

Sure would love to find a Cinderella for my collection. They are jsut the cutest ever. Where did you find yours?

miriam 10-03-2011 05:32 PM

I got Cinderella at a garage sale several years ago. Sadly the case is totally shot and the machine needs new wiring, but I love it anyhow!

Originally Posted by Bluebonnet Sue

I wonder if it could hand crank?