Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

Charlee 02-08-2012 04:27 PM

Crud! Did it again...sorry!

purplefiend 02-08-2012 04:30 PM

Charlee,
I love your Singer 115, the owl decals are rather rare.; you even got a full puzzle box. Wow! I've seen a parlor cabinet like yours in person once, its amazing how many doors it has! My friend bought one at the NETX TOGA last April.
My 115 has Tiffany/gingerbread decals.
Sharon W.

QuiltinPaws 02-08-2012 05:30 PM

Don't know much about machines but that cabinet is the most gorgeous one I have ever seen for a sewing machine.
What a find!

greenini 02-09-2012 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4953596)
:)

May I introduce "Margie"? (named after the lovely lady I had lunch with today!! :) )

Margie is a 1912 Singer model 115 born in 1912. Her "skirt" is a cabinet model 21 and had all sorts of goodies in it. You'll notice the (seemingly) requisite 5 or 6 rufflers... LOL 2 of them don't fit this machine! (One is for a White or other top clamp, one is for a 66-1 back clamp)

Margie's serial number, according to the links on ISMACS indicates a model 27 with a date of Dec 20, 1911, but her decals, shape, etc., all say 115! (The "Wings" decals are exclusive to the 115).

Ohh, Charlee, she's a beauty and I love her cabinet! So glad you were able to get her without losing any of your other babies,

jljack 02-09-2012 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4956380)
Thank you - I needed that today. Did you hear about my super powers??? http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t178496.html

Hahaha!!! Miriam, I didn't actually attribute super powers to you...it was a brain fade, pure & simple!! LOL You are tooooooo funny!!! LOL

BTW - isn't this supposed to be for PICTURES only????

miriam 02-09-2012 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 4958908)
Hahaha!!! Miriam, I didn't actually attribute super powers to you...it was a brain fade, pure & simple!! LOL You are tooooooo funny!!! LOL

BTW - isn't this supposed to be for PICTURES only????

now who's talking?

jrrotunno 02-11-2012 10:17 AM

Wheeler and Wilson Model 9

3 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]310849[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310850[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310851[/ATTACH]
Wheeler and Wilson Model 9 my daughter happened across Thursday and gave to me! She is in wonderful shape, Serial #904, last patent date Aug 27, 1878. Just need to clean her up a little, add a belt, and learn to treadle! Everything works smoothly and she does have one bobbin. The cylinder in the accessories picture has 22 needles in it! Whooee. It looks like the cylinder and the manual were in a drawer that may have had the oil can it spilled on them. I am hoping that with a magnifying glass or good camera I can read the address on the cylinder. It was shipped from Chicago, the stamp and return address are easy to see, but I would love to know where it went. I believe that will tell me where she came from. I am going to the second hand store where she was purchased today to see if they know anything about her. Hoping I can learn more. I think her name is Imogene but waiting to see if I learn any more of her history before I am certain. I have spent the last two evenings researching all and I can find on these machines, and all the Wheeler & Wilson 9 pictures that I have found in my research are different, until I found BoJangles picture of the one she has from Portugal. Mine is the twin! I am so excited I can hardly think. And I should be quilting, lol. Any and all information, tips, etc would be most appreciated.
Janyce:D

BoJangles 02-14-2012 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]311853[/ATTACH]Here is my newest machine! This is a Singer 401a from 1961, serial number NCC21005. She uses cams, but has several built in stitches too! A great machine to play with!

Quilter Day-by-Day 02-15-2012 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206 (Post 3495102)
1919 (I believe) Domestic Treadle.
Serial Number 189015

Do you know anything about this brand of machine? I just found one and Its in a beautiful cabinet for 85.00.

ArizonaKAT 02-16-2012 06:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My first treadle!

White Rotary Treadle. Found it on Craigslist two weeks ago. Cleaned it up. Oiled it. Threaded it wrong. Asked for help from the board. Got threading info AND a manual. She's sewing like a champ! Thank you to all who helped make her come back to life.

I call her Dorothy because of the cute little oil can that came with her. Reminds me of the Wizard of Oz oil can.

Still needs a little work, but here she is.