Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-machine-photos-t130994.html)

happyquiltmom 07-08-2012 04:07 AM

So you figured out what the slots are for! Great job!

DanofNJ 07-08-2012 07:20 PM

My 306 Crinkle

1 Attachment(s)
I guess it's time to start posting some pictures. This is a 306 Crinkle that I picked up today for $25.00. Needed everything adjusted and serviced but now it is sewing like a dream....Came with Cogs, table and seat.

I have heard that they are noisey but this one is whisper quiet!:cool:

quiltingweb 07-09-2012 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I may need help with this one. I found it on Craigs List for free and could not pass it up, but it's locked up and there's no bobbin. Not sure what to do next for her.[ATTACH=CONFIG]347928[/ATTACH]

miriam 07-10-2012 01:56 AM

Get an old but clean mascara brush and check first for clogged up stuff - lint, broken needles, dried up grease and oil, etc. Get some Triflow oil - put one drop on anything that remotely moves. Jiggle it as you oil. Muv has a great video on the sticky: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...v-t167789.html Her tutorial should be enough to get that machine serviced. That machine's exterior looks to be in good shape, you do not need Glenn's tutorial. Your machine looks like it runs on a treadle. Some of those machine's also have a little wheel to drive the balance wheel. Sometimes those get a flat spot or die. It looks like it needs a bobbin winder tire. This can further be discussed here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ll-t43881.html which is also on the sticky.

jennb 07-10-2012 07:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]348019[/ATTACH]
Picked this one up from a goodwill auction and it arrived today. I was worried how she would arrive, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well she was packed. The case is pretty well trashed, but can be fixed, and I knew that, but didn't care about the case. They said the cord was cut so it couldnt be tested, but the cord that is cut is from the case to go to the wall. I can put it into a cabinet and it should be fine. The cords for the machine and foot pedal are intact and look just fine. After removing the bazillion layers of bubblewrap, and a quick wipe down with a babywipe to remove some dust, this is how she looks. I just love the pretty blue color! This is my second Japanese clone, and my 3rd Japanese machine all around, and likely the last one, as I'm now walking a dangerous line I think...Hubby didn't even notice (or if he did he didn't say a word) about the treadle I brought home on Friday...but he knows its there because he moved it on Sunday...

jennb 07-18-2012 05:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My Singer 66 Lotus from ebay arrived today. Isn't she pretty?? She's sitting on a cabinet I picked up today from Goodwill for 2.50. Yes. 2.50. LOVE half price days. Excellent condition except the top which I will just refinish.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350036[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350037[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350038[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350039[/ATTACH]

jennb 07-18-2012 05:16 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Oh and while out running errands this one arrived on my doorstep from Goodwill. I have to do some more research to find out more about this one. I admit it was a guilty pleasure purchase because I adore the peacock decals, but it is in working condition except for a belt and some repair to the cord.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350040[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350041[/ATTACH]
It came with the attachments box...which is FULL!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350042[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350043[/ATTACH]
There was also an envelope that had these instructions for sewing, and caring for your machine included...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350044[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350045[/ATTACH]
Oh and there was also an envelope full of bobbins and needles in the compartment on the base.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350046[/ATTACH]

DanofNJ 07-19-2012 08:24 AM

Beautiful coffin case on the Free...nice find!

totosmom 07-20-2012 05:02 AM

Ooohhhh my. I just looooove those Lotus decals. They are so graceful to look at as ones sews along. I have longed for one of them for years. It will look stunning once it is cleaned and polished up. Is it ... perhaps ... in working condition? No matter, the 66 is not hard to put right. Lucky you!

OK, I admit it, I'm envious.

jennb 07-20-2012 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by totosmom (Post 5379462)
Ooohhhh my. I just looooove those Lotus decals. They are so graceful to look at as ones sews along. I have longed for one of them for years. It will look stunning once it is cleaned and polished up. Is it ... perhaps ... in working condition? No matter, the 66 is not hard to put right. Lucky you!

OK, I admit it, I'm envious.

It is in working order if i get it in a cabinet. Its non motorized. I have a singer base so i can make a.top for it and be good to go.