Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Wheeler Wilson #10 - "Semi-Industrial" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/wheeler-wilson-10-semi-industrial-t224050.html)

miriam 06-20-2013 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6133761)
Yes if you don't clean the old paint first you will not be able to get a good color match. My paint shop would mix the color for me in qt cans but no smaller. Maybe yours can give you a pint. Other wise you have a lot of paint but with the age of your machines you might be able to use it more than I.

It's a big machine... he might need that quart...

SteveH 06-20-2013 01:42 PM

Interesting, we have some odd (Calif) laws. in one county you can not buy single stage paint, in the next county you can. (Single stage does not require mixing paint and hardener)

Good point about multiple machine using the same paint!

Glen, I "just" noticed where you live... too cool. I had quite an adventure in Huntsville in 1979. I was stationed at Chanute AFB (Illinois) and my buddy offered a few of us a home cooked meal at his folks place, we said sure and hit the road. About 3 hours later we asked, "where do your folks live?' he said casually "Huntsville" oh what fun that was. His car broke down 40mi north of the Alabama border. We ended up guests of the Army at the arsenal. they even gave us tickets to a Foreigner concert at the Von Braun Civic Center (right after the "Double Vision" album came out)

Glenn 06-20-2013 02:01 PM

Yes I am in Huntsville,AL (Rocket City, USA). I spent 25 years in the Army as a Warrant Officer in metrology. Also known as Caibrations. Redstone Arsenal was our headquarters. Originally from Tx and originaly planned to return to the home state but son grew up here had a family and DW did not want to leave the grandkids and son. I retired in 1987 of course cont to work for the arsenal after that. I am now retired for good. We are restoring a 200 year old home on the register of AL and US. Been working on it since 83 and although we are finished with it the upkeep has me working harder that if I had not retired LOL. I have many hobbies other than collecting antique and vintage sewing machines and quilting like 50 + antique clocks from around the world and sveral antique cars. My wife thinks I should slow down some but not going to happen anytime soon having to much fun. She does make me pull out the 26 ft travel trailer and take trips four or five times a year. We have 1and 1/2 acre of lawn and gardens and the wife is the gardner so that gives me more time to play with my toys. Lets see 1979 oh we were stationed in Germany for six years but came back to arsenal every year tdy to report to the commanders of mission in Germany. Now you know LOL
Skip

Going to take the camper to Indinapolis and vist Miriam in Sept and play with machines

miriam 06-20-2013 02:06 PM

I've got a pile of machines to play with...

DanofNJ 06-20-2013 06:39 PM

I want one...no, I need one.

purplefiend 06-21-2013 08:55 AM

Wow! The WW#10 is huge! Just think of how nicely it would quilt, lots of room. :D The machines I'm using to quilt with might have 6.5-7" of throat, what a struggle I'm having.
Sharon

SteveH 06-21-2013 09:27 AM

Oh yeah, almst a "long arm" machine and with the two speed treadle it was specifically designed for "Heavy work, Tailoring, Upholstery, Stay and Corset Manufacture, as well as Stitching Leather" I cannot imagine a quilt would be an issue at all.

I have not figured out how to adjust the stitch length or anything yet. I got it working Monday Night/Tuesday and have taught classes Wendesday and Thursday evenings...Tonight is prepping for the road trip, Sat and Sunday in LA getting two OLD babies...(other thread already exists for that discussion) I May have time to play when we get back but I doubt it considering what I will be unloading....

SteveH 06-21-2013 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by DanofNJ (Post 6134271)
I want one...no, I need one.

He He.. yeah, me too hence the trade...

I CANNOT wait until Tuesday when the Singer 13 "Medium" arrives so I can compare the two...