Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   WHOOO HOOOO!!! Found me a Featherweight! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/whooo-hoooo-found-me-featherweight-t175502.html)

Sandra in Minnesota 01-13-2012 12:58 PM

Welcome to the FW Club. I know you have been wanting one for a long time. Now you have to think of an appropriate name for her.

JMCDA 01-13-2012 01:05 PM

Doing the happy dance with you! Woot! Woot!

Joann

MDMPanther 01-13-2012 01:07 PM

Yaaaaaay!!!! Congrats...you were meant to have it!!

Tartan 01-13-2012 01:17 PM

Cha Chiiiing! You hit the Jackpot!

char634w 01-13-2012 01:17 PM

Good for you, that is fantastic. I have two black ones and I love love love mine. My mom bought my first one sight unseen for $300 from a friend of a friend of hers because she knew I really wanted one. This was in 1980 something, and the other one my m-i-l left to me in her will. They both work great and I thought about selling one but I just can't part with either one. Ya know a girl has to have a backup in case one is not working for some reason or another. And I like having extras when neighbors or friends or relatives want to join me on a sewing day. I do have a funny story to share about one of them. One night really really late I was sewing on my Bernina in the dinning room (alone) and the little Featherweight which I was sewing on earlier just started sewing on its own. I was frozen in fright, because no one was around. I immediately looked under the table thinking that one of my doggies had strolled in without me knowing and stepped on the foot peddle but no dog was under the table. I called to my husband to come in the dinning room quick and I told him what happened and he said that it was probably a power surge or something like that. To this day I think that my mom was telling me to call it a night and go to bed or that she was looking over me while I was quilting. I still get the chills thinking about it.

Mariposa 01-13-2012 01:23 PM

Wow! Awesome find!! Did you name her yet? :)

amandasgramma 01-13-2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4871364)
I'm amazed because the store Dee is talking about is famous for being SUPER over priced...last time I was there they had a NewHome in a beat up cabinet (e-machine) for $245, and a Singer 15-91 in a beat up cabinet, sporting it's share of rust also for $245...and they wouldn't budge on the pricing!

Congrats Dee! :)

The St. Vincent in La Pine???? They have 2 machines in a cabinet now (don't know the brand) for $20. and $45.00!!!!! If you're talking the one in Bend --- yeah, not surprised at the pricing!!!

amandasgramma 01-13-2012 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mariposa (Post 4871453)
Wow! Awesome find!! Did you name her yet? :)

White Lily??? Lily for short??? I LOVE white lilies!!! :)

wolph33 01-13-2012 01:31 PM

wow thirty bucks-score of the day.lucky you

Gramma B 01-13-2012 02:34 PM

Lucky you! I'm still looking for a white featherweight.