Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   WOW how weird and how lucky! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/wow-how-weird-how-lucky-t195124.html)

QultingaddictUK 08-11-2012 05:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK (Post 5431935)
Just a fun challenge, what stitch do you think is from what machine, one is from the rescued Frister the other from my very expensive Elna 7200, what stitch do you think is from what machine?

For your information the one on the left is the cheapy (?) Frister Rossman and the stitching on the right is from my £900 Elna 7200. now you know why I prefer the older machines.

As promised I am uploaded some pics the 1st is with it as norm, and the 2nd is with the little inbuilt extensions, aren't they just the cutest :)

amyjo 08-11-2012 05:59 AM

I guessed right which was which and I didn't cheat either. The old machines are really good to sew with. I am a Singer lady tho, I have been looking for a Pfaff. Why I don't know. Just seems that one is calling for me. I think if I bring any more in I better get rid of some. I have a lot of singers out in the bus that DH got on a sale and I have gotten rid of some of them. I need to get a room set up so I have time to play with them.

QultingaddictUK 08-11-2012 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Help, pretty please. On this machine it says to un-tighten and tighten Clutch knob to disengage needle when winding the bobbin, but I can't figure out which way you are supposed to un-tighten it, DUH?

I know it will be stiff seeing it's sat about for so long but an inclination as to which way you are supposed to do it, may help!

QultingaddictUK 08-11-2012 08:18 AM

Sorted, you turn it and it was looser than I expected!

QultingaddictUK 08-11-2012 08:19 AM

Sorted, you turn it and it was looser than I expected! The diagram wasn't very clear but experience with various sewing machines over the years...................LOL

QultingaddictUK 08-21-2012 03:11 AM

My new backup machine called "Lucky"

Well it has taken me a fortnight, a lot of patience a ton of oil, worn out a number of brushes and had to ask for the strength of a DIY man to release seized up screws to sort this badly abused machine out!

What did I get in return is a lovely backup machine that IMO sews the perfect straight stitch, is compact and easy for me to use and take to classes. I LOVE IT and I am so glad I rescued it but so cross about the previous owner/s that never bothered to read the manual and oil and clean the poor little thing.

There used to be a piece of foam on the bottom plate, I think it may have been some sort of sound proofing but it had completely disintegrated and was in every part of it also in the bobbin workings there was loads of pieces of thread, pins and a broken needle, but in the bottom there was at least 6 pins and 3 needles, how it carried on working beggars belief.

I have named it "Lucky" as it was lucky to have found someone like me that is passionate about older machines and of course I am also lucky to have got such a lovely little machine for the total cost of £50/$80!

Lara122 08-21-2012 05:12 AM

yay!! this has been so interesting to read! ;0)