Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together? >

Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together?

Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together?

Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Heads up to those coming from the north to Centralia on the 20th. I see from the local news reports there will be a MAJOR freeway project for I5 freeway at Olympia for the next two weeks, 8 lanes north and south will be narrowed to 1 lane north and south. The reports are that this freeway project will cause 15 mile backups both directions. I will be coming down to Centralia the backway east of I5, Hwy 507 through Roy, Yelm etc and avoid the freeway.
Hey thanks for the heads up. I'll just take Yelm highway and Littlerock rd to Grand Mound. I can't drive the old highway that goes through Tenino. Every. Single.Time. I do, my eyes swell shut.
Question. What is everyone planning on bringing? I can't decide.

Cari
Old 09-10-2014, 11:27 AM

Well shucks. I live in Yakima and we were just there last week for a wedding reception. I'll be in Tacoma next month for the ASG yearly luncheon. The timing just isn't right to come over again so soon. I used to meet up with gals from the board here in Yakima but all but one have literally disappeared. My son lives in Austin TX and I met up with some gals there a few years ago and we're all still friends and I see them every year when I visit my son.

Put me on your list. If you plan another gathering I'll try to be there. If there are any Yakima ladies out there, we could get together and carpool.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:37 AM

Rodney, thanks for organizing this. I wish I could come this time but an 11 hour drive next weekend just isn't in the cards. Maybe next time I can come join you fine folks. I hope you all have a super time!
Old 09-10-2014, 05:29 PM

I live in Centralia and I wasn't aware of the major closures. Bad timing on my part. I'm hoping this is just the first of a regular thing and I'm more than happy to hear ideas on how to make it better next time.
Rodney
Old 09-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I live in Centralia and I wasn't aware of the major closures. Bad timing on my part. I'm hoping this is just the first of a regular thing and I'm more than happy to hear ideas on how to make it better next time.
Rodney
We have to get through the first time first! LOL

Cari
Old 09-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned

Okay, I'm asking again. What's everyone bringing? I don't know what to bring other than what I'm bringing for Rodney. I can't decide if I want to bring some machines to play with, or just a couple and sewing projects to work on or what? I just don't know. The last time I went to something like this I took 4 machines I needed help with and actually got no real help at all.

Cari
Old 09-15-2014, 01:15 PM

I'm only bringing one or two plus something to work on and Olivia. Olivia might bring one of her projects too. She told me to let everyone know to bring kids. Olivia is ten but plays well with all ages, she is also friends with a few members of the library staff.
I don't think anyone has anything against discreet buy/sell/trade among members but a full on swap meet and buying and selling with the public is definitely against library rules.
Don't worry Cari. Olivia and I are happy to help with loading/unloading. I haven't told her yet about the loaner machine. I figured I'd let you.
Rodney
Old 09-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Banned

Okay. I might have the 3yr old kidlet if she doesn't go to her Daddys' this weekend. Olivia won't really have to entertain her, Shye is good at entertaining herself and others.
I'll just figure on it being an ooh-and-ahh day and bring a couple machines and an easy project to work on. So if there can be discreet things going on, maybe those who are coming should post here what they're looking for so if someone has it they can bring it. I'll bring the Jones so you all can laugh at me for buying it.

Cari
Old 09-15-2014, 10:45 PM

No laughing. I'm actually excited to see it.
Rodney
Old 09-16-2014, 06:53 AM

How many people have sent RSVPs? I am thinking about bringing my Singer 28 hand crank. It would be a good excuse to get her out for some exercise.