Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Question on Wheeler-Wilson machine >

Question on Wheeler-Wilson machine

Question on Wheeler-Wilson machine

Old 04-09-2016, 02:17 PM

Sorry for the delay in response. Have not been feeling well. The Yahoo group moved to IO platform, anticipating that Yahoo would ditch groups with their change in direction. The same owners of the group as under Yahoo. They moved all the files and pictures... quite a lot of work. IT was not that old on Yahoo. I am in many groups, yahoo generic like WEFIXIT, to Vintage Singer to Kenmore and non Yahoo like ISMACS as well as Needlebar.org. Since I am on digest, I generally don't get to post as I am way late!Let me try again for the link. Be right back.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:30 PM

Try this

https://groups.io/g/Wheeler_and_Wilson-Sewing-Machines/
Old 04-09-2016, 06:03 PM

Thank you, everybody. Farmhousesewer, I will check out that link. I still have not received a photo of machine in question. The owner has been sick, but she did promise.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:03 PM

If you're lukewarm on the W&W, consider taking it for now while letting your friend know that there's a good chance you'll be rehoming it if it doesn't work out for you.

W&W made some of the absolute *best* sewing machines of all time. If it can be fixed up fairly easily I'd bed good money that you'll really enjoy it!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:44 PM

Just know that most W&W machines have little to no decals, but are they smoooooth!
Old 04-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Banned

Yep, Wheeler & Wilson was the only firm I am aware of that offered a "forever" guarantee on some of their machines.

W&W was not a big fan of BED decals, but the rest of the machine is usually pretty decorative...
Old 04-12-2016, 05:45 PM

The owner sent a couple of photos to me via cell. That is one adorable little machine! My eyes almost popped out! The owner is still sick, so I have to wait to pick her up, but now that I've seen her, I'm impatient. I am no longer lukewarm about it, but I was going to take your advice & pick it up anyway. Unfortunately, while I saved the photos on my cell, I haven't been able to download them to my computer so I could post them here. I just don't understand why I can't, but I'll keep trying; I might get lucky!

Thanks to everyone for your comments! I've enjoyed reading each one! I will be back as soon as I can download the photos.