Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Blog Entries
    Sewbeadit, Monica is right you need to go to the Vintage shop here to post and talk about your Pfaff 1222e. We are only suppose to post pictures of our quilts made using the Vintage machines here! My Bad, I shouldn't have answered your question here! I should have taken it to the vintage shop!

All the quilts, projects here are wonderful! Thanks to all of you for sharing! To the guy with the Rocketeer, who ventured into quilting because his wife makes quilts and posted his three quilts here - GREAT JOB!

Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 12-19-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Nancy your Santa is adorable!

Muv
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    Is this considered vintage?Attachment 296111
    Oh crumbs, it's not black, it's not cast iron, it's got zigzag, it plugs in, it's got a motor you can't rip out... to my eyes it looks as though it was made last week. In fact I'd probably put it in the kitchen thinking it was a food mixer.

I think I agree with the line drawn on the Needlebar website, which is 1960.

Sewbeadit, just call me Mrs. Timewarp. I consider anyone who sews on an electric machine to be fearfully modern and very brave indeed.

Vintagemotif - love the little mannequin! Much more stylish than my piece of sponge in a ramekin.

Vintagemotif, such a neat project. I'm sending the link to my sister, it looks to be something she'd enjoy making.

Nancy, your Santa is too cute. I like all the embellishments on him.
    I have a screw driver and YouTube--I can fix it!

Blog Entries
    AnnieRose (1956 301 e machine) finished three more. 1000 yards of FMQ thread on the quilt and not one tangle or birds nest. No two panels were the same size, so a steel tape was a sewing tool on this one. The blue and gold are my son's high school (and fav college team) colors. The Tradewinds blocks because he travels for work. The USMC logo and his daughters' pictures had to go on the back. I ran out of space on the front.

The table topper and table runners were presents. A Spicy Spiral and a made up pattern using scraps.

edit: As usual everything is pinker than real. I wonder if it's my camera or photo program. I saw some spots on the carpet. I hadn't cleaned it after the thundering herd was here for Thanksgiving when these were taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by irishrose; 01-02-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Irishrose you have been busy! Everything is so pretty and I am sure your son loved the quilt it is one of a kind with him in mind.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Irishrose, All your projects are very nicely done!

Not really a quilt, but matching aprons for my sister and niece. These were made on my FW from vintage fabric I picked up at an estate sale. I'm not a garment maker, but I think they turned out pretty nice. My niece got her own "kitchen," so I made her some matching potholders too.

Name:  383282_293123470725385_100000832047142_733011_1293186941_n.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  97.8 KB

And, another gift for my niece. Forgot to get a picture, but they went on a picnic for New Year's Day. I love to see "action shots" of gifts in use. It's a circle jean quilt, made with Rizzo, the pink and white Universal. Unfortunately the zigzag kept loosing tension, but it turned out to be a good throw on the ground type of blanket.

Name:  blankie.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  132.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Bennett, The matching aprons are too cute! I love your circle jean quilt. Your niece is adorable in those pink boots.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Bennett, The matching aprons are too cute! I love your circle jean quilt. Your niece is adorable in those pink boots.
    I agree totally.

Thank you both. She does love those boots, wouldn't have any other color but the pink.

Love those matching aprons...so cute!
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    I LOVE this thread...so many "pretties" to admire...thanks everyone for sharing!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    AnnieRose (1956 301 e machine) finished three more. 1000 yards of FMQ thread on the quilt and not one tangle or birds nest. No two panels were the same size, so a steel tape was a sewing tool on this one. The blue and gold are my son's high school (and fav college team) colors. The Tradewinds blocks because he travels for work. The USMC logo and his daughters' pictures had to go on the back. I ran out of space on the front.

The table topper and table runners were presents. A Spicy Spiral and a made up pattern using scraps.

edit: As usual everything is pinker than real. I wonder if it's my camera or photo program. I saw some spots on the carpet. I hadn't cleaned it after the thundering herd was here for Thanksgiving when these were taken.
    Irish, I love all your projects! The spiral runner is really fun to look at! I love table runners - they can really spice up a table and are such fun to make!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Bennett, very nice aprons and picture to remember them by! That quilt looks like reversible applique'? I made a couple jeans quilts, they are fun to make. I love the circles in yours!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Bennett, very nice aprons and picture to remember them by! That quilt looks like reversible applique'? I made a couple jeans quilts, they are fun to make. I love the circles in yours!

Nancy
    Not reverse applique, just folded over circles. This is where I found the directions: Circle jean quilt. Not a really "cuddly" quilt, but it's tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I found this pillowcase in my mom's things, I remember her embroidering it back in the 70's. I made it into a doll for my niece, since it was the only one of this pair that I found. Stitched it on my 1956 Featherweight.
    That embroidery is so gorgeous. I'm adding embroidery to my list of things to attempt.

Muv
    Irishrose - love the spiral!
    Bennet - your niece is so sweet in her apron!

Here's my latest offering, which I've already shown on a separate thread, a sun ray wall hanging in rainbow colours. It was pieced on my Serata treadle and all other machine stitching done on my 1927 99K.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Muv, that's very cute!

Blog Entries
    Very nice. I sew with my FW or 3/4 almost all the time. I just prefer them over the newer machines.
    sew1

Last year I learned about Quilts for Kids, a group that gives quilts to kids in hospitals. If you contact them, they'll send you fabric to make a quilt. You have to provide the batting and the binding, although you can self-bind the quilts. Anyway, I decided to try to make one a month to donate. Their website says that they need quilts for older boys. And I figured out why - most quilting fabric is "girly" and the fabric designed for boys is for young boys. I was lucky enough to find some Carolina Panthers (NC NFL team) panels in a thrift shop. I cut the panels apart and used them to make a small quilt. The biggest mistake is the sash that runs down the center doesn't line up with the sashing at the top and bottom. Duh. I didn't even think about that. The camera changed gray into beige. This was done on my Singer 500.

Name:  PantherQuilt2.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  350.7 KB
    King of the Rocketeers!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tate_elliott View Post
    Last year I learned about Quilts for Kids, a group that gives quilts to kids in hospitals. If you contact them, they'll send you fabric to make a quilt. You have to provide the batting and the binding, although you can self-bind the quilts. Anyway, I decided to try to make one a month to donate. Their website says that they need quilts for older boys. And I figured out why - most quilting fabric is "girly" and the fabric designed for boys is for young boys. I was lucky enough to find some Carolina Panthers (NC NFL team) panels in a thrift shop. I cut the panels apart and used them to make a small quilt. The biggest mistake is the sash that runs down the center doesn't line up with the sashing at the top and bottom. Duh. I didn't even think about that. The camera changed gray into beige. This was done on my Singer 500.
    Very nice quilt and excellent cause! Yes, I do believe boys are over looked when it comes to making charity quilts. I'm always seeing cute prints that girls would like for those quilts. I love that material that you found for this quilt.

I also love your avatar! I can see why you would like the Jetson machine, Singer 500; plus, their are fun machines to sew with.

Please post the other quilts you have made! Thanks for sharing.

Muv--that's very modern looking with the strong lines and color. I really like it.

Tate--I've been looking at the Quilts for Kids, thinking it would be nice to participate in. I've had the same problems when making something for boys. I usually pickup fabric I like, which is fairly girly! Nice use of the panels, that's going to make someone's day.

Thank you both for the compliments on the quilt. I'm slowly making a stash of fabric for older boys - flames, sports, camouflage, etc.

Bennett, if you contact the QFK's chapter in your state for a quilt kit, when you finish the quilt and send it back to the chapter, the quilt goes to a hospital in your state.

Vintagemotif, did you notice - I photoshopped my avatar, his rocket backpack is a Rocketeer.

Tate
    King of the Rocketeers!

Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 ... LastLast