Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5 45 54 55 56 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1884

Thread: Quilts made using vintage machines!

Forgot. All pieced and quilted on my 1941 Singer 15.
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Blog Entries
    Nice pot holder quilt. I like making pot holder quilts from the civil war era. I have also posted my pot holder on this thread several weeks ago. They are fun to make.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Thank you Glenn. It was your quilt that inspired me to find out more about those quilts and pass the word on to my online group. I confess, my next one will have the binding sewn down by machine. I could see a wall hanging with maybe zigzag to sew them together. They are fun to make and gives me something to do between classes and chores.
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Blog Entries
    Ms. Finch, I like your White machine.

Sharon, Nice video, please post the finished project for us to see.

Redmadder, Nicely done quilt. I like looking at the individual blocks. A collage of mini quilts!

After seeing Glenn's potholder quilt and now yours Redmadder I'm thinking I'll have to get one on the go. Lovely machine too.....very pretty green.

Pot holder quilts? What a good idea. .. and thanks for the story behind them. Very cute.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Blog Entries
    The pot holder quilt is a great quilt as you go project. I enjoy making them
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    Love the wall hangings of your Mother with the sewing machine and the knitting needles to hang. What a great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthFru View Post
    I have my mother's old machine, a Featherweight 221. I made a table runner for myself and some pic's of my Mom that I gave my 3 brothers for Christmas 2 years ago. She was also an avid knitter so I used some of her knitting needles to use as the hangers.

This is my table runner
    Attachment 221985

The wall hangings for my 3 brothers
    Attachment 221986

Blog Entries
    I was at the quilt library with my hubby and they had a speaker that day and many, many quilts about the potholder quilts. It was very interesting.

I'd never seen a potholder quilt.... behind the times and living in the boonies tends to keep you in the dark. It would be nice to quilt something that you didn't have to fight with.... big quilts kick my butt.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Okay, finally, I get to post the quilt I finished with all vintage machines. It got pieced with 2 FWs (1947 and 1953). The quilting was done on my Singers 15-91 and 128 HC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --- Jean

Blog Entries
    Jean what a beautiful kimono quilt, I think this is what it is called. You did a grat job
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Okay, finally, I get to post the quilt I finished with all vintage machines.
    Wow, congratulations!! That is amazing.... So intricate. How long did it take you?

Okay, finally, I get to post the quilt I finished with all vintage machines. It got pieced with 2 FWs (1947 and 1953). The quilting was done on my Singers 15-91 and 128 HC.
    It's absolutely gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful!
    HisPatchwork

Blog Entries
    Jean;

What a beautiful quilt. Love it!!!!!
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Jean,

Your quilt is stunning! I love the way you quilted the sashing that frames the blocks. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, everyone. To answer your question, Frudemoo, I made 1 block 5 years ago and then set it down. I decided this spring to finish it and I've hauled it with me to the cabin and then, back home. But, it's done. I'm happy because I really have a hard time working on anything when I have things hanging over my head... and this one kept bugging me. So, now I can go back to working on the Davis I got and see if I can get it up and running... and then I have that Singer 99 and 101 to tinker with. And, I do need to get that baby quilt made for my cousin's grandbaby, and one for each of my 2 great nephews.... And, I have to go to NC this next week to help my youngest move back to Mi....... I don't know how I had time to work. There is always too much to do.
    --- Jean

Blog Entries
    Love your table topper! And of course your quilt is gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful!
    In my quilt lab!

The quilting was done on my Singers 15-91 and 128 HC.

REally, a hand crank?? Did your arm get sore? there is a lot of beautiful quilting on that. Do you have any comments or suggestions for HC quilting?
    1939 Singer 221, 1980 Singer Starlet 496, 1947 Singer 201-3

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    I love making scrap quilts, currently working on a String Star quilt.
    I'm not sure which category to put it in though.
    Here's a short video of me sewing some of the blocks. I'm using a 1914 Singer 115 treadle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aWI4...ature=youtu.be

Sharon W.

Great idea with that Ikea light, I've been thinking of getting one of those for all types of crafts and projects.
    1939 Singer 221, 1980 Singer Starlet 496, 1947 Singer 201-3

just thought folks would get a kick out of this, My mom is currently delivering her latest quilt to it's new owner in "Blockville NY" I actually asked her twice if she was just joking with the name of that town... LOL I said It would be fun to live on "Fat Quarter Dr."

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquirrel View Post
    Great idea with that Ikea light, I've been thinking of getting one of those for all types of crafts and projects.
    The IKEA lamps are great, I can put the light where I need it. I got the idea from Bonnie Hunter's blog.
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquirrel View Post
    REally, a hand crank?? Did your arm get sore? there is a lot of beautiful quilting on that. Do you have any comments or suggestions for HC quilting?
    The part I quilted with the HC was the piano key borders. And, yes, my arm got tired at first. I worked on it till the arm was sore on the first day and the next day I could do more. I finished it in 3 days..... not quilting all day. But, I figured it was good exercise for my arm that I broke last year.

I should tell you that I LOVE quilting with vintage machines. I didn't even use a walking foot or darning foot with that 128HC..... it handled the thick sandwich just fine. And the 15-91 was also easy to use.... I did use a darning foot for the curved stitching. I've always had problems with the fabric shifting and getting tucks when I used my fancy Viking 1+..... so much that I didn't like machine quilting my stuff. But now I know, it's the machine, not me... Yeah!!
    --- Jean

Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5 45 54 55 56 65 ... LastLast